Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Happy Kids

This week went quickly.  Last Thursday I enjoyed going into the school and helping in the library.  I am there when Caleb’s class comes in and he thought it was fun that I was the one that checked out the book to him.  He is loving school.  Monday morning he got up and was so excited and saying that Monday was awesome.  I asked why and he said because he could go to school again.  

Thursday evening we had Pack Meeting.  It was Spencer’s first since joining Cub Scouts.  He had the privilege of carrying the United States flag in the flag ceremony.  He was so excited about it.  The boys didn’t earn any awards this time, Andrew just starting Webelos and Spencer just starting Wolf’s.  I am sure next month they will have done things.

Friday was Neal’s day off.  It will be nice to have him home every other Friday.  We sent the kids off to school and then we went to the temple.  I enjoyed being there.  After the temple we did a few errands and went out to eat lunch.  It was nice to have time with Neal.  We got home and packed up for the ward camp out.  As soon as the kids got home we took off to go camping!  We gave a ride to a new member of the church who is a young adult and needed a ride.  Another family provided her some camping gear but we helped with the ride.  We got to the camp ground in about 30 minutes, right as it started to rain.  There was a pavilion and we got out our things to fix our dinner.  We did that under the pavilion while it rained.  By the time we were finishing eating the rain was stopping and we were able to view a beautiful double rain bow.  It was a full bow too.  Things dried off and many more ward members showed up.  We had a nice evening and time for visiting and the kids playing games.  It rained more during the night but we stayed dry.  Saturday we got up and enjoyed more social time with the ward and then got on our way home. I am glad that we were able to go and be apart of the activity.

Saturday was a busy day cleaning up from the camp out and doing our weekly chores.  Ruth got a baby sitting job for that evening.  She watched the Anderson family in our ward.  They have four children.  She enjoyed being with them.  Sunday at church Sister Anderson said how she was happy to have Ruth come over.  They liked that when they got home the house was cleaned up and the kids were sleeping.  Ruth is excited to be babysitting.  She loves being with children.

Sunday we went to church and had a quiet afternoon.  In the evening we had friends come over.  Jared and Abby had been in our Waco ward and they are living here now too.  We enjoyed visiting with them and meeting their baby.  It was a good evening.

I am working on making new pajamas for the kids.  They like that.  I did some shopping yesterday and was embarrassed that I left bags at the counter and didn’t notice until I got home that I was missing things.  I am thankful when I went back the bags were still there and I got my things.  Sometimes I get thinking too much of what I am working on or doing next that I forget things.  I guess we all do that sometimes.

We are looking forward to seeing some of our family this week end for Spencer’s baptism.  Rachel comes tomorrow and then Dallin’s family decided to come and will be here Saturday morning.  I am glad that we can have some family here for Spencer.

I brought my camera to the camp out but didn’t take pictures. Next week I will for sure have pictures of Spencer to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment