Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Enjoying Family Life

We have had another busy week.  Last Thursday evening Neal and I attended Ruth’s young women’s New Beginning program.  It was a nice evening.  The leaders are doing a good job teaching the girls good things.  I am glad that Ruth is enjoying being in young women’s.  I have many fond memories of being in that program.  Last night Ruth had her class activity and a mother taught the girls some yoga.  Ruth came home ready for sleep, she said the exercises made her feel relaxed.

Friday I was able to go to the temple.  I thought that was a good place to be that morning since I couldn’t be with my family for the funeral of Aunt Darlene.  It was very peaceful for me there.  I am thankful for the knowledge I have that the temple blessings and covenants are real and family can be together forever.

Friday evening Ruth went babysitting. She enjoys being with their little girl and had a nice evening.  Saturday we went shopping and Ruth used some of her money to buy a watch.  I think she enjoyed buying something for herself with money she earned.  It is interesting how that adds a different dimension to the things we get.  While shopping we were also able to find her a “uniform” for her concert band.  She needed a black skirt, white blouse and black shoes.  Her first concert is in about two weeks and I didn’t want to wait too long to find something for her.  She looked pretty in her new outfit.

While Ruth and I were shopping Neal took the boys to the park where they were able to hit some balls with their new bat.  They had fun running around and hitting balls.  I am glad that they could have some time together.  Neal has been working a lot to finish up some projects and the kids always enjoy time with him.

Last Sunday we had our annual primary program in church.  The children did a great job with their parts and the singing sounded so beautiful.  It was really special to be a part of it.  Although it was different for me to be sitting on the stand with the children and not get to watch my children sing.  Ruth enjoyed sitting with a friend that day.

Thursday afternoon I went to get the mail and found that we had a new mail box.  The one that was here on our street was the older style of square boxes, so they always had to curl our larger pieces and magazines.  The new one is the rectangle shape.  It will be nice.  I was just surprised to see a new box and didn’t know how to get my mail.  Friday morning I called the post office and they said they didn’t have record of our street getting a new box, so he couldn’t tell me any more information about it.  He asked me to call back Monday.  I did and at that time they could tell me that they had keys for my new box at the office.  I went and got them.  I think I forgot to get the mail Wednesday.  Maybe they had information in the box that day about the change, I don’t know, but I am glad we can get our mail again.

Yesterday right as school was getting out we had a bad storm hit.  We got a lot of rain.  I was thankful that the kids made it home safe and not too wet.  Andrew stayed after school to join a group playing a game called pickle ball.  When I picked him up I saw what they were doing.  A game with wooded paddles, a wiffle ball and a low net.  It reminded me of a mix between badminton and tennis. He had lots of fun with it.  Yesterday Caleb went to a birthday party for his friend from church and school, Miles.  He has been so excited about this party and enjoyed it.  I am thankful the kids are making good friends.

Monday evening Caleb gave the lesson in Family Home evening.  I think this was the first time he was willing to do it.  He was so cute with it too.  Sunday we planned what we would share and I had expected to do most of it.  Then Monday evening came and Caleb started his lesson and read some out of the Friend magazine and asked if there was any comments or questions.  Then he turned to me to answer the questions.  He did great.  We had a nice discussion on temples. 

I am enjoying the cooler weather this week.  The weather has been so nice.  The mountains are so pretty too.  They remind me of the mountains in Utah.  I like the blue and green colors on them.  I look forward to seeing fall colors soon. I have been working on updating our 72 hour kits.  The kids are happy to eat the packaged food I have taken out of them.  Yesterday I bought new food and repacked them.  I need to get a few more things, like larger clothing for Ruth and Andrew.  But it is about there.  Maybe we will one day need them, but it feels nice to be prepared for an emergency.

Sorry, no pictures this week.  I need to remember to get my camera out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment