Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy Spring Time

Another exciting week ended.  The kids are excited that they started their last term of the school year.  They have lots of fun activities planned for the month of May.  It will be a very busy month for our family.

I was able to finish Ruth’s Easter dress.  It took me longer than I had thought.  I realized I hadn’t bought a zipper, so I had to run to a store for that.  Then the sleeves didn’t fit right and I had to adjust things there too.  Goes back to making so many adjustments on the bodice.  I was happy with how it turned out.  So I took a picture of the kids before church for our Easter picture, a week late. Ruth had fun buying things with money from her birthday.  She bought the DVD of “Frozen.”  We enjoyed watching it Friday evening with Andrew.  The little boys were in bed.  (I thought there were parts that might scare them and wasn’t ready to let them watch it. They are pretty sensitive boys.)  

Andrew had fun working on his cub scout book with me this week end.  We were able to pass things off.  He is almost to his Wolf rank.  He had lots of fun going to a Physics night last night with Neal with his GT class.  They came home with lots of fun little things they had done.  I am glad that they had some time together.

Spencer is loving reading.  He likes to climb onto his bed, the lower bunk, and read.  He is learning how to read silently better.  He is enjoying reading the A to Z mystery books and Magic Tree House books.  He has a great imagination.  He likes to collect things.  He also likes to look for interesting things outside.  He will come show me creatures he finds or cool sticks or rocks.  He is always asking questions too.

Caleb is rather talkative too.  He likes to tell jokes.  Then he has started doing a variation of 20 questions with me.  He will give clues and tries to get me to guess what he is thinking of.  This week when we were out for a walk he surprised me by counting by twos.  He got up to 26.  He said he thought it would be fun to skip a number and only say it in his mind.  Last night I started working with him more with reading.  He is so ready to read.  He likes to ask how words are spelled.  He loves his letter magnets and spells things on the fridge all the time.  We read a couple little books together last night.  He has an excellent memory and is a fast learner.  Saturday I took him to a party for a little girl in our ward.  It was fun for him to play with other children.  I stayed and watched.  I enjoyed visiting with other parents there.

Sunday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting.  There has been a lot going on and I had a hard time finding time to prepare.  I had been asked to give a summary of my thoughts on General Conference as an over view of the whole thing.  I chose a theme of having faith in Christ will get us through any trial in life.  I felt good about how it all came together.  After church I stayed to attend ward council (the RS president wasn’t feeling well).  I was so tired physically and mentally when I got home.  I appreciate so much what the leaders of our ward do for us.

The kids have had fun trying to play “4 square” with a ball.  They have drawn squares on the drive and play with each other.  Yesterday I went out and played with them for about 15 minutes.  It was a fun time.  Ruth and Andrew are doing pretty good with it, but we had to have lots of alternate rules for the little ones.  It was good to get out.  


I have been enjoying the beautiful spring weather.  I have been able to get back into my routine of walking every morning at the park after taking the kids to school.  It works great.  Caleb likes to get out and run.  He enjoys going to the park with me too.  This morning we had to take the suburban in for a minor repair.  I hope it doesn’t take long.  So we don’t have a car to go places.  We took a walk in the neighborhood and Caleb was grumpy because he couldn’t get out of the stroller.  I still enjoyed the beauty of the day.  Our yard is looking nice.  Neal cut the grass (and weeds) Saturday so it all looks so green.  The garden is growing nicely.  The peach tree has a few little peaches forming (with the late frost we had I have been happy to see at least something forming).  The roses are blooming and it smells wonderful.  I am thankful for the beauty of the world.  I hope that all of you can enjoy the beauty around us this spring.



1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures! I love how their personalities shine through, the looks on their faces are classic :-)

    ReplyDelete