Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter

We had a nice Easter week end.  The kids were home from school Friday and Monday.  Friday we just stayed at home.  It was nice weather and the kids had fun playing outside.  I was able to work on sewing a dress for Ruth.  I seem to never get it done in time for Easter, but I do try to make her something new each spring.  I will try to get it done as soon as I can.

Friday the kids were excited about being home from school and were a bit crazy.  They were loud and I was glad I could send them outside.  That evening we had missionaries over for dinner.  One of them is new and has only been in Texas for a week.  It was fun to feel his excitement as we talked about Texas and our ward.  After Neal left to give the missionaries a ride home the kids went really wild.  They were running and chasing each other and then I heard the toilet flush.  They were laughing and said they put a broken plastic egg down the toilet.  I had them all sit on chairs until Neal got back.  Thankfully the toilet hasn’t had a problem.  Neal made them sit quiet for awhile, I went for a walk.  I just had to get by myself for a bit.  

Saturday went better.  The kids were happier and kinder to be around.  We had fun doing some Easter activities after we had done our cleaning chores.  I had put together a little basket of treats for them.  I hid the baskets in the yard and they had fun looking for them.  They were excited about the big box of chalk I gave them and have drawn all over the drive way now.  






Last week end was our Stake Conference.  Neal attended the Priesthood leadership meeting Saturday afternoon and then I went to the adult session in the evening.  As a family we went Sunday morning.  It was a wonderful Conference.  I learned things and felt the spirit.  I am thankful for my testimony of Christ and that I have His church in my life.  Easter Sunday we enjoyed the afternoon together as a family.

Caleb has had fun counting.  He likes to count to 101.  He will count his steps as he walks around the house, he counts as we drive down the street, he counts his bites of food.  It is fun to listen to him.  

Monday morning I took the kids to the museum.  We invited some friends to come with us.  It was fun to play with friends.  That evening for our family night I was giving a lesson to the kids and Caleb asked “where is heaven?”  Then he said “I want to go see Heavenly Father.”  We had a nice discussion about heaven with him and the others.  I believe that some of our best family home evening times come from questions the kids ask.










Tuesday it was nice to get back into the school routine.  Caleb had fun going to preschool too.  After school I took Andrew and Spencer to the dentist.  No cavities.  Also the dentist felt like their teeth are doing okay and don’t need any help right now, even with all their problems.  The dentist appointment took up time so our evening felt rushed.  Andrew was taking his STAAR exams this week and was tired last night.  He is happy to be done with the testing.  Ruth will take her last STAAR test tomorrow. 

Today has gone well.  I took Caleb to a special story time activity.  We met at the park and got to see a presentation about exotic pets.  They had all sorts of things to show the kids.  Caleb wouldn’t touch the snake, but liked the ferret and hedge hog.  We got hot yesterday and today.  I am glad that our air conditioning still works.  This is the first we have turned it on this spring.  I guess summer is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment