Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Kids


Another week has flown by.  Last Wednesday Andrew had fun going to cub scouts.  He was so excited when he came home to tell me that his scout leader who is a police officer let the boys see the inside of his patrol car.  Andrew thought it was neat.  I am glad that he is enjoying going to scouts.  Tonight is the Blue and Gold Banquet for the family.  It should be a fun event.

Last Friday I started up the play group again.  We took a break during the busy holiday time and cold winter we have had.  Friday was still cool but it was sunny and nice to get out.  We had a good group come to the park too.  

Friday afternoon missionaries came over and helped Neal get the stump out of the ground.  They also chopped it up and filled in the hole.  They did a great job and got a lot done.  Then we had missionaries eat dinner with us too.  One Elder was with both the work and the food.  We have four Elder’s in our ward.  Saturday I went to a convert baptism for a couple.  I thought it was neat that they both were baptized the same day.  The spirit was strong Sunday when they were confirmed.  It is always good to see people come into the church who are full of peace and humility.  

Saturday afternoon Andrew was able to go to “The Lego Movie” with a friend from school.  I am glad that he had a friend invite him to do something and he loved going to a movie.  We are trying hard to encourage our kids to play with friends and get to know them better.  I thought his parents seemed really nice too.  

Sunday Spencer had fun making cookies with me.  He choose peanut butter cookies and was a bit silly how he was smashing the fork into the balls of dough.  It has been fun to rotate who chooses a treat each week and make it with them.  Spencer also wanted to do an art project with styrofoam stamps.  Neal helped him cut out the top of an egg carton and Spencer etched a design in it.  Then they used acrylic paint to cover the piece and then stamp it on a paper.  His design showed up pretty good.  It is always fun to see their creativeness. 

Sunday evening we had a nice conversation with Ruth about science.  She is learning lots of things at school and in her reading.  She was asking questions how science and the teachings of the Bible can be compatible.  This is something I have done a lot of thinking on too so it was good to talk about it.  I am thankful for my knowledge that God is in control and is the creator.  Truth will make itself known as we work to find it.

Last night I helped with doing visiting teaching interviews with the Relief Society presidency.  It was good for me to talk to the different sisters in the ward.  There are many wonderful sisters in our ward.  I appreciate the visiting teaching program. 

I saw my first tree covered in white blossoms this morning.  It looked so pretty.  Today is gray and only about 40 degrees.  So I hope that we can get some warmer weather soon to enjoy the spring time.  

No pictures this week.  I forgot about the camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment