Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Family Love


I have a new cell phone.  I am still learning how it all works.  I am sure it will be able to do so much more than I really need.  The biggest improvement is that I can now send and receive text messages easier.  So, if you have my cell phone number, it didn’t change, and you can now text me.  I know, this is a big breakthrough for me, I am behind the times.

Neal’s work schedule has lightened up and it has been nice to have him home more.  We enjoyed Friday afternoon.  Neal’s mom was in San Antonio visiting Neal’s sister who had just had a baby and since she was so close to us she came up here for a day.  We enjoyed having Grandma with us.  The kids were so excited to see her after school.  We just hung out at home and enjoyed visiting and showing her all the cool things kids like to show.  The weather was really nice so we were able to play outside too.  Saturday morning we had a little more time with Grandma before she left right before lunch time.  It was a quick visit but we really appreciated her making the effort to come.





Saturday afternoon I took Ruth clothes shopping.  She has grown so much.  It was a bit hard to find things for her that looked nice.  She is at a “in between” size.  Too big for girl clothing sizes, too curvy for junior sizes and too small to find misses that fit.  Although we were able to find some size 4 after visiting a few stores.  It was fun to spend time with her.  We bought some frozen yogurt at the end of it all to enjoy our girl time.

When we got home we found the boys had been doing fun things too.  Neal helped Andrew complete requirements in the Cub Scout book with tools.  They made a wood bird house together.  It was a great thing for them to do together.  Andrew wants to paint the bird house and will do that soon.




Sunday I taught Relief Society.  The lesson went well.  I have found it a growing experience for me to teach each quarter.  We don’t have a manual.  We are just giving instruction to the sisters of what we feel they need to hear.  So that takes time, prayer and lots of thought to get things right.  I has been a good thing for me.  We had a lesson on Scriptures and why we need them and why we should read them every day.  I tried to keep it to mostly discussion and had many wonderful thoughts shared of how precious scriptures are to the sisters.  I think it strengthened us all.

Tuesday I taught preschool.  This took a different kind of preparation.  The kids were active but did well with me.  They are growing emotionally and socially all the time.  Caleb loves his little preschool group.

I think it is fun that the boys have been naming their stuffed animals.  They are so attached to some of them.  All three boys sleep with a pile of animals.  They will check and make sure every one is there before they go to sleep.  Caleb named his yellow snake, “Numbers”,  “because he likes to count forward and backwards.”  Then Caleb will demonstrate the counting with the wagging snake head.  He has liked counting backwards from 10 a lot.  He is also playing with a little gray elephant he named “Elle.”  He said that Elle is his baby.  Spencer named his snake “Thunderbolt.”  I love their creativeness. I love my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment