Wednesday, January 29, 2014

More Cold Winter


My hands are cold.  I can’t seem to get warm.  I think I have gotten too use to living in the south and don’t do well when it gets cold.  The weather has been odd this week, Thursday and Friday were cold, we even got a dusting of snow.  Then Saturday and Sunday were beautiful, sunny, high about 70 degrees, it felt like spring.  Then it got cold again.  Today is warmer, high of 45.  The ups and downs get really hard for me to deal with.

Life gets really busy.  I have been enjoying the fact that Ruth is getting older and more responsible.  There are times when I need to go somewhere and Neal isn’t home yet, but will be soon, and I can leave Ruth in charge for a short time.  It is so nice, because then it doesn’t stress me waiting for Neal to come so I can leave.  We did this twice last week.  Once so I could go to a meeting at the school and last night so I could go to book club.  She also helped out the baby sitter on Saturday.  The girls are friends and I think she has Ruth help her with things.  It was nice to go out Saturday evening.  We did a BBQ place of Neal’s choice to get in some good meat for his birthday outing.  We also went for a walk and even tried shooting some basket ball.  We enjoyed our evening together.

Friday, like mentioned, we had a small amount of snow fall.  School was delayed 2 hours.  So the kids were happy to have a slower morning and play in the snow before it was melted.  They had lots of fun with it.  Even when I was driving to the school at 9:30 there was ice on the roads, so I was glad we had that extra time to warm up things a little.  






Neal has been working less hours and he came home Friday afternoon and started a fire and we all enjoyed having that warmth in the family room.  He had a fire going Saturday morning too.  It was nice to have him home from work so much.  Yesterday Neal took some time off work to help a single sister in our ward move to Dallas.  It was nice he could help move her things in our suburban.

Saturday I tried riding Ruth’s bike.  That was an adventure.  I was trying to ride around the block but couldn’t make it back up the hill.  It really is just a gentle upward slope in the road.  I had to get off and walk.  It felt good to think that I could still ride a bike and I think it would be fun to try more.  Ruth got an adult bike for Christmas, so it did work okay for me.

Andrew has enjoyed drawing fish.  He checked a book out from the library with lots of fish pictures in it and then he drew the fish on paper.  He is really good with his drawing.  Spencer had earned a treasure box award at school and was so excited to come home and show me his little package of insect puppets.  They fit on the end of his fingers and he buzzes them around the house.  Caleb loved going to preschool and the library this week.  He loves being with his friends.

Yesterday I took Ruth to the eye doctor after school.  She had her eyes checked and all looked fine.  We ordered a new pair of glasses for her.  The boys were playing at their friends home.  When I went to pick them up they were all lively with swords and bow and arrows.  It was a house full of boys, with our 3 and the their 5, they were a crazy happy lot.  I am glad that they have friends.  

Happy Birthday to Rachel today!  I wish we could be closer to celebrate with you.


The boys had fun building this track and getting their trains to go up and down.  They love their trains. 



No comments:

Post a Comment