Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Is Here!


Last week we had the adventure of going to a Cub Scout Pack meeting.  They hold one every month.  It was Neal’s late day at work so I took the whole family to the church so Andrew could attend.  He had the opportunity to be in the color guard for the flag.  He is learning many things and enjoys going to scouts each week.  I enjoyed seeing the other families there and visiting with some I hadn’t seen for while since they are in the other wards.  (All four units in our building are combined for cub scout activities.)  I also felt a little overwhelmed with all the new information about scouts I need to learn.  Andrew has been going to scouts for over a month and I haven’t even looked at his book yet.  I need to get more involved.  I also took time this week to review the “Faith in God” program.  I hadn’t looked at Ruth’s book for almost a year and now Andrew has one.  Sometimes things get so busy I forget to do these things.  I committed to myself that I will do better at talking to the kids about their goals and their programs.  

Friday I enjoyed going to play group and visiting with other ladies.  That evening we had the missionaries over.  It is always a pleasure to have them in our home.  I was able to finish sewing a skirt for me.  I think it turned out nice.  I feel bad that I had the fabric sitting for over six months before I got to make it.  I was able to wear it to meetings over the week end.

Saturday afternoon I took Andrew and Spencer to the school carnival.  We had some fun.  The boys enjoyed playing games and doing activities.  Andrew won a bottle of soda pop at a ring toss and a large chocolate cake in the cake walk.  Spencer had fun dunking a teacher in the dunking machine, he did great throwing the ball.  

Saturday evening I went to the church for a Relief Society dinner then watched the General RS broadcast.  It was a nice evening.  I am grateful for friendships and also hearing our leaders speak. After the meeting a group of friends went out for frozen yogurt.  I was thankful to be included in all their activity.  We carpooled and I enjoyed talking while we drove around town too.

Sunday was the Primary Program at church.  The kids did a great job.  I enjoyed the singing.  The kids all said their parts really well.  Andrew even spoke up so we could hear him.  Caleb was sad he couldn’t get up and was pouting through most of the meeting.  I realized next year all four kids will be in Primary and involved in the program.

Caleb is my cute companion.  He stubbed his toes the other day and said he had “hurt his piggies.”  He also told me that he likes me, because I have soft hair.  My hair is still his comfort “blanket.”  I taught his little preschool Tuesday.  It was different to teach these kids.  They were all outspoken and not really wanting to do things with the group.  I hope they get better as the year goes on so I can enjoy it more when I teach.  

This morning Ruth asked me to walk her to her bus stop.  She said yesterday it was foggy and a bit spooky, today was clear, but it was nice to walk with her and help her feel better about being out there.  It is dark now when she leaves.  We enjoyed going to the library this morning.  Our garden is starting to come up.  Things are going well.


Ruth and Caleb had fun playing with play dough while we were at the carnival. 







Becky in her new skirt.



Ruth showing a fleece blanket that she tied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment