Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rainy Weather


I feel like I survived another week!  Last week my friend  wanted to start doing piano lessons again.  We took a break with all the busy summer activities and her son leaving for a mission.  It was nice to have her come over again and talk about her piano playing.  She is doing well and I hope that I can continue to inspire her to learn.

We had fun playing at the park with out play group friends.  I am glad that so many came and we could have a fun time.  Caleb really likes playing with other kids!

We had dentist visits this week.  I went last Thursday and was thankful for a good check up.  I also was thankful that the dentist was able to smooth out a small chip on my front tooth my tongue kept getting hurt on.  It feels so much better.  Then yesterday I had Spencer and Andrew in for their check up.  They are both doing great.  The dentist commented to me that we are doing a great job teaching the boys good hygiene and also healthy eating.  He said he could tell they eat healthy food by the way their gums look.  Andrews front teeth are looking good and the dentist didn’t feel like we need to do anything right now for him.  Just wait and see how things go as the permanent teeth come in.  (To remember, he had two baby teeth pulled last May to make more space in his mouth for the teeth to come in.)  His four lower front teeth are nice and straight right now and look good.  It is amazing that they moved so much in a few months, just by giving them a little more room.

I have been dealing with problems with head aches and sinus pain a lot for awhile now.  I went to the doctor last week and talked about the pain again.  Yesterday I had a CT scan done on my sinus area.  Now I wait to see the results and see what is going on.  Five years ago I had a CT scan done because of similar complaints.  It showed I had polyps growing in my sinus cavity.  But the doctor felt they were small and not a big problem.  I wonder if they have grown and are what is causing the problem now.  I had such a bad head ache over the week end it made me nauseous and I vomited and felt awful most the week end.  I missed going to Stake Conference Sunday.  I did go Saturday evening but felt really bad afterwards.  I enjoyed the meeting and the good talks on missionary work.  

Sunday morning Neal took the kids to conference.  They all told me things about the meeting.  I thought it was good the kids were listening.  I was excited to hear that the new Stake center building is almost done and we will start meeting there the first week of November!  That will be so neat to meet in a new building and one that is so close to our home.  I drive by it all the time and it has been fun to watch it be built.  I had a friend say she had taken pictures every month to show the progress and it made me wish I had done the same.  I will try to remember to get a picture of the finished building.  It is pretty and I like the landscaping. 

Sunday afternoon Neal and the kids made some treats.  Ruth had carved a little pumpkin at Activity Days last week and we cooked it up.  Sunday they made it into cookies and a pie.

Monday the kids had a day home for Columbus Day.  They had fun playing together.  We went into the doctors office to get flu shots and I needed to have blood drawn for some lab work they wanted to do on me.  I was glad it all went well and I was feeling better Monday morning.  After sleeping a lot Saturday and Sunday and having Neal do all the work around the house (including cooking) I was able to get up and do things Monday.

Last night I decided to go to a PTA meeting.  It was interesting to hear about all the things they are doing.  I want to be more involved but am not ready to jump in and be in charge of anything.  I will try to volunteer for something this year.  Last year I did one volunteer thing, maybe this year I can do two things.  It is just hard for me to go to the school when I would need to find a babysitter for Caleb so I could go.  In Stake Conference our Stake President encouraged everyone to get more involved in the community, that way we can have friends to share things about the church with.  That was one motivator to go to the meeting too.  I feel that I don’t know many people outside of church and should make an effort to be friendlier to the people I do see.  So we are getting ready to go to story time at the library and I will try to talk to someone today. 

It has been raining a lot for a few days now.  Everything is soaked.  The kids have played outside in the rain on Monday and Tuesday.  I told them today that we will stay inside.  They have gotten so muddy and wet. I did a load of laundry yesterday with all their dirty clothes and was happy they cleaned up well. Today is cooler too and I don’t want them to get sick.  They did have lots of fun yesterday.  I had them come in after an hour and they all took baths, then we had dinner.  

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment