Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter


We have had a fun week.  Friday the kids were home from school for the Easter holiday.  Ruth and I went to a friends home to get our hair cut.  She does a great job.  The boys had fun playing with her kids while we visited.  Then we went to the park and played.  We enjoyed our day together.  That evening we had missionaries over for dinner.  It is always neat to have them in our home.

Saturday we were able to go to the ward Easter picnic.  We went to the park and had fun visiting with friends.  They had an egg hunt organized and the kids enjoyed looking for eggs.  That afternoon I filled their baskets with some fun little things and hid them in the yard.  The kids think it is fun to search for their baskets, not just eggs.  Sunday was a beautiful day.  We enjoyed going to church and spending time together as a family.  We are so thankful for our Savior and this time of year to remember him and his sacrifice for us.

Monday the kids also had no school.  We enjoyed the beautiful spring day at the zoo.  It was quiet and we enjoyed seeing the animals.  We met up with some friends and had fun with them there.  That afternoon we had some play time with the Baker’s.  One of their boys came here and Andrew went to their house.  It was fun to switch kids for an afternoon.  I think everyone had fun.

One important thing that happened over the week end was that Spencer lost his first tooth!  He was so excited.  The best part was that it was one of his front lower teeth, not the broken one.  Amazingly his broken tooth hasn’t fallen out yet, it is loose, but still in place.  Spencer was so excited to finally loose a tooth.  

The kids are growing so much.  I need to remember to let them grow up.  I have to remind myself all the time that they can do things for themselves and it is okay if they make mistakes.  Caleb does so many things by himself now.  Andrew and Ruth are creative and like to make things.  It is good to see their capabilities.  

We have had a little rain yesterday and today.  I am thankful.  Things are so dry here.  Our yard is struggling.  It seems I am constantly pulling weeds.  I spent an hour pulling weeds this morning and there are still so many, most of them are in the lawn.  I hope we can have our lawn get more healthy so the weeds don’t show up so much.  It is so nice to see leaves on all the trees again.  Spring time is so pretty and I enjoy it.

Caleb said something cute the other day. We were driving and saw a large pile of dirt that had been dumped by a construction site.  He said “look at the big ant hill.”  I thought it was so funny he thought it was an ant hill.  But, after all we live in Texas and everything here is bigger. :)


The kids must have too much train track if they can build a set up that fills our family room!



The Easter Egg hunt at the church picnic






Finding their Easter baskets at home








Our day at the zoo, there is a large tiger behind the kids, but it didn't show up in the shadow of the picture.



Having fun making music on the chimes. 







The lion was sitting next to the glass wall, he looked so big!


I had Ruth take a picture of me, I decided I need more pictures of me in all this.


The zoo had some beautiful flowers in their gardens.  I hope to get some of these growing in my yard soon.  I loved the smell of this flower!


Andrew didn't want me to take his picture, this is the best I got at the zoo that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment