Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Fever


I am so thankful for my family.  You are all so wonderful!  It is always hard to be sick.  It makes one remember to be grateful for health.  The kids all had this stomach bug twice.  It was hard to have them home from school and not feeling well.  Spencer had it the worse I think.  He missed the most school too (three days).  I am thankful to report that we all seem to be fine today!  I hope it stays that way.

Last Saturday I was able to go to the Dallas temple with a group of women from our ward.  I was a driver for three older sisters in the ward.  It was fun to go with them and we had a nice visit as we drove.  At the temple we had 10 sisters from our ward together.  It was great that so many were able to come.  While I was gone Neal was with the kids.  He had a busy day taking care of all of them.  He took them to Hewitt park to picnic and play.  They had a great time.  

Saturday evening Neal’s mom was able to drive up and be with us for a day.  It was so exciting for the kids to have Grandma here.  They all got to bed late Saturday and up early Sunday to get every minute they could with her.  Sunday was nice to attend church and then play in the afternoon with Grandma.  We went on a picnic but that didn’t go well because it got too cold in the cool wind.  The kids had some fun playing some board games with Grandma and showing her all their little “special” things.  Monday morning Grandma left us at the same time I left to take the kids to school.  We are thankful she could come and hope to see more visitors in the future! (Hint, hint, you are all invited to come visit any time.)

I was able to finishing sewing pajamas for Spencer.  As I was finishing them I realized I had cut out the shirt up-side-down.  The pattern on the fabric wasn’t obvious it was directional but I noticed it and had to laugh.  The clouds are just puffy on the bottom with a flat top.  He thinks they are great and hasn’t noticed it, so I wont say anything about it.

We had a cold spell over the week end.  We even got below freezing two nights.  I was thankful I was paying attention to the forecast and was able to cover my little garden plants and save them from the frost.  They are all looking well today.  I hope that things will start to warm up again.  It feels more like winter than spring here this week.

Ruth really enjoyed going to her Activity Days last night.  She was so talkative about it when she got home.  I am glad that she is enjoying doing things and being friends with the other girls from church.

Today I went to the Easter parties at the school.  The Kindergarten kids were at Hewitt park this morning.  Caleb and I got there in time to watch the egg hunt.  We stayed and watch Spencer play some fun relay games too.  He had a great time!  Then I went over to Warren park to be with Andrew and the 2nd grade kids.  We watched Andrew hunt for his eggs and enjoying being with the activity.  It is a fun yearly tradition the school has.  They only do it for K, 1st and 2nd grades, so Ruth didn’t do a party today.  We left when the 2nd grade kids started to eat their lunch.  They were going to play games after lunch, so we missed that.  Caleb was hungry and I didn’t bring anything for him, so we came home for our lunch. 

Caleb keeps me smiling every day.  He loves trains, almost as much as Andrew did at this age.  Caleb knows where all the rail road crossings are.  As we drive around he always gets excited and tells me we are about to cross the tracks.  He will say “I am ready!” and get all excited until we cross, then he says “yeah, we did it!”  He thinks it is a big deal to go over the tracks.  He also likes to go around the house with “one sock on, one sock off.”  I am not sure where he got that from.  He is also having a hard time going to sleep again.  He will come to us and wants to sleep in our room.  He has started laying down on the floor.  One night I woke up and thought I heard someone breathing that wasn’t Neal, I didn’t see anyone.  Then I looked down, Caleb was asleep next to my bed on the floor.  Yesterday I went and bought Caleb some new shoes.  He really wanted green shoes, which aren’t that common.  He decided he liked some gray and white ones.  And the best part, it is neon green inside them!


Caleb had fun with the car while Neal cleaned it up and took pictures.  Hope to sell it soon.  Anyone need a car?



Spencer had so much fun at the Easter party.  He remembers going to these parties for Ruth and Andrew and was so happy that it was finally his turn to play the games!






Caleb really wanted to be with Spencer and walked next to him on this relay.  Spencer had a hard time jumping down the field with the ball.  Caleb gave him emotional support. 






Andrew with his class looking for eggs.




Andrew with his school teacher



No comments:

Post a Comment