Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ruth's Birthday!


I have had a busy week. Thursday afternoon I decided to call the doctor about my ears.  They have been hurting and bothering me for about a month.  I was able to get an appointment for Friday morning.   Then during the night Andrew got sick to the stomach again!  I was so frustrated with it.  But it worked out, Neal was able to stay home with the boys while I went to the doctor.  My doctor told me she thought I had a sinus infection that had gone into my ear canal.  I got suggestions on medication to take and a antibiotic to take.  I am already feeling better and my ears don’t hurt any more!  Andrew was doing just fine by that afternoon, so it wasn’t too bad.  None of the other children have had problems.

Friday afternoon while doing Spencer’s piano lesson I was being distracted by his loose broken tooth.  It just was hanging there and just didn’t look right.  With Spencer’s permission I was able to get it to fall out.  He was so excited to finally have it out.  He said that it had been bothering him.  Yesterday he even told me how nice it was to not have any loose teeth to get in the way of eating his lunch.  This morning we had a dentist appointment for Spencer and Andrew.  The dentist looking at Spencer said that he could still feel a piece of the tooth in the gums.  He was able to get the last little piece of broken tooth out.  He said that it should heal quickly and the permanent tooth should come down quicker now that nothing is there.  Spencer asked to keep the tooth piece.  I asked him why he wanted to keep it.  He said he wanted to get more money from the tooth fairy!  He was brave to hold still and let the dentist get it out.

Saturday morning I went to pick up the Bountiful Basket food.  I had all four kids with me because Neal had gone into work.  I was helping distribute the food and the kids were playing. Ruth came to tell me the boys were getting into rocks that looked dangerous.  I asked her to ask the boys to come back by me.  She ran off and the boys came running back.  Caleb tripped and fell, skinning up his knees.  I am glad we have a first aid kit in the car.  One of the other ladies working said to me that she also has three boys.  But she doesn’t have a sweet daughter to come tell when the boys are getting into things.  She said that was so sweet that Ruth was such a help with them.  We were happy to get back home.  We enjoyed watching General Conference and learning from that.  Between sessions I was able to work out in the yard.  We got our first roses blooming this week, so pretty.  The other bushes and plants seem to be doing well too.

Sunday evening Ruth was asking what things she had done as a child.  We pulled out my book that I keep letters in.  Ruth was so excited about reading them.  We read letters that I had written when we first moved to Texas.  Ruth commented that she sounded like a cute little girl, I said she still was.  The boys enjoyed hearing stories about them too.  We spent the evening reading together.  I am grateful that I have kept copies of these letters for our “family journal.”  

Monday the kids brought cup cakes into school for birthday celebrations.  Ruth wanted to bring them in a day early because she has GT on Tuesday and wanted to share cup cakes with her home room, not GT.  Andrew and Spencer had permission to bring them in to celebrate their summer birthday’s.  They all had fun with their birthdays!

Tuesday was a very busy day for me and Ruth’s 10th birthday!  It started out for me to go volunteer at the school where GT is.  One of my friends in the ward, Robin, is in charge of the school garden the school.  She has invited me to come in before but it hasn’t worked out until yesterday.  I was able to go into the school garden and help Robin do a class with the GT students.  It was fun to see Ruth and her friends at school.  Ruth thought it was special that the first time I have gone into school to volunteer I came to her class on her birthday!  When I finished at the school I picked up Caleb from the friends who he had been playing with.  Then we went visiting teaching.  We got home, ate lunch, did a piano lesson for a friend, then left to go grocery shopping.  I finished that in time to go get the kids from school.  We got home from school to finish decorating Ruth’s cake and fix her birthday dinner.  We had a fun celebration with her.  She was calm yet happy.  She is a sweet girl.  She got books as gifts. Her brothers drew cards for her.  I thought it was special how she reacted to the cards.  I am so thankful that my children love each other.  After Ruth blew out her candles on her cake I had to leave to go to Relief Society.  Our activity was teaching some mini classes on life skill type things.  I attended a class on cutting boys hair that will be helpful.  They were all running over time and it was getting late.  When it got to be my turn to teach my class on budgeting we were late, 8:45.  I gave a short 5 minutes review of my main thoughts on budgeting.  Afterwards I had two sisters ask me more detail questions and it was a good discussion with them.  I didn’t get home until about 10:00.  I was so worn out from my crazy busy day.  

Today is quieter.  I took the boys to the dentist.  The dentist is concerned about how Andrew’s teeth are growing in and how his jaw opens and closes.  The dentist wants us to go to a orthodontist to have a second opinion on if there is something that can help his jaw.  After getting the boys to school I took Caleb to the library.  We enjoyed being there together.  The craft for this week was making simple paper bunny ears.  The stories were about bunnies too.  Caleb loved it.  We came home and I went to take a picture of his bunny ears and the camera was still on video mode, so I added the short clip of Caleb at the end of Ruth’s birthday video.  


Ruth's birthday video.



Spencer and his missing teeth


our first roses


Some views of the back yard flower beds, work in process



The garden.  With all the cool weather it seems to be growing slow.



The front yard flower beds



The kids playing with chalk, they were sad it rained and washed it all away.



The back yard.  I am glad that the bushes we planted last year have all leaved out.




Ruth and her cake after we decorated it.  Spencer was holding up his 10 fingers for Ruth turning 10.




Ruth was happy to get more books!  She loves to read.





Caleb and his bunny ears.




No comments:

Post a Comment