Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Time


It is always good to reflect on the week and think about all the things six busy people do.  Last Wednesday evening I went to the church to help the young women with a sewing project.  They are preparing to go on a pioneer trek in June and the girls need pioneer clothing.  Since I know how to sew I was asked to help them.  Last week we started easy and the girls made aprons.  They were a simple one and the girls all finished them that night.  We had four sewing machines going and it went well.  I don’t know how much they plan on doing but I said I would help when they do more sewing.  

Thursday morning I was invited by some friends to meet at the children’s museum to play.  It was a fun outing.  Caleb loved having friends to play with and I enjoyed visiting with the moms.  I was glad I went because I missed going to the park Friday for play group because I wasn’t feeling well, I had a terrible head ache.  I was thankful to have had an outing last week.

Thursday we also had the missionaries come for dinner.  Andrew had come home from school that day with a bad ear ache.  He was crying and having a hard time.  The school nurse had looked at it during the last hour of school, since he was crying in class.  She called me and said that it looked red, but not infected.  I gave him some decongestant, as the nurse suggested, and had him rest.  After dinner Neal and the missionaries gave Andrew a Priesthood blessing.  Andrew has also still had problems with his eyes.  Neal blessed him that his eye problem would be solved.  The next morning Andrew woke up after sleeping soundly all night.  He said his ear still felt a little funny, but not painful.  Today, almost a week later, he is completely fine. I have also not seen him do the funny eye rolls and he said his eyes feel fine.  I am thankful for the Priesthood and know that Andrew was helped this week.

I was able to make Caleb some new pajamas.  He has decided that green is his favorite color right now.  He kept asking for green pajamas.  So I decided to make some.  I found some cute shamrock fabric that I used.  I thought that would be fun since he was born on St. Patrick’s day.  He has loved his new pajamas.  In fact yesterday he wouldn’t let me get him dressed and I had to really persuade him to let me change his clothes before going to the store!  I am glad that he is happy with them.

I have been enjoying the strawberries this month.  They are only 98 cents a pound for the last few weeks.  I have made jam, pancake sauce, pie, strawberry lemonade and just enjoyed eating them!  I have been amazed at the prices of some of the fruit this year.  I also have been getting whole pineapple for a dollar each.  I love all the fresh fruit.  

I love that my boys all like to cuddle with me.  Even Andrew likes to sit on my lap or next to me as we talk and read stories.  Spencer is always asking for me to hold him and Caleb is constantly saying “I need mommy” or really “I need mommy’s hair.”  They are all so precious.  I enjoy talking to Ruth about the things she is reading and learning.  They are doing Texas State history this year in 4th grade and she has shared things with us that she is learning.  

I am enjoying being out in the yard more.  The weather has been so nice.  It is a beautiful spring.  I have even seen some trees starting to leaf out and have blossoms on them. I see iris and daffodils blooming (but not mine, maybe I can get some to grow soon!)  I have been working in the yard pulling weeds out of the lawn and watering things.  My petunias I planted last fall are blooming again.  It is fun to see things grow and enjoy the beauty of nature.  

Neal is staying busy and works hard.  It was nice to have him home all day Saturday.  He was busy doing things around the house but the kids enjoyed just having him here.  I was able to take Ruth out on Saturday for a treat at the frozen yogurt place.  It is always nice to spend time with the kids one on one.

We are looking forward to spring break next week and Caleb’s birthday soon!  I hope you can all enjoy a beautiful spring time.  I also want to wish happy birthday to Jeremy today!  As the children grow up it reminds me that I am getting older too.  Happy birthday to Tori tomorrow and Grandma Hubbard on Friday!  It is a happy week!



Caleb in his new pajamas. 




It was crazy hair day at school today.  The kids had fun getting their hair fixed.  They started acting a little crazy too, I hope that school went okay and they didn't act crazy there!










1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha I love hearing about "I love Mommy's Hair" That is realy cute. May be we'll have to try and find a green leprachaun from Ireland to send to Caleb to go along with his green pajama's. :) -Dallin

    ReplyDelete