Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break

We are enjoying our spring break from school.  The best part is that the weather is so nice.  We are keeping busy with everything though.  The kids are happy to have lots of free time.  Last Saturday we went to Lowe’s and bought some plants and rose bushes.  Yesterday I was able to get them in the ground.  I hope they grow well.  I am excited to have roses in the yard.  

Sunday we invited some friends, the Powell’s, over for dinner.  It was nice to visit with them.  Monday I took the kids to the children’s museum.  They enjoyed seeing the special exhibit on robots.  We ran into our friends, the Baker’s, and had fun playing with them.  Today we went to the library for a puppet show.  Then we bought our lunch at McDonald’s to start our celebrations for Caleb’s birthday.  Then we went to the Hewitt park to play.  It was a fun time.

Caleb has been very attached to his little puppy.  He carries him around everywhere, even to church and stores.  He also is loving the color green.  It is funny how he has gone through times of loving different colors.  With his birthday this Sunday, on St. Patrick’s Day, I think it is fitting that his current favorite color is green.

I will keep this short this week.  I need to pack and get ready for our little trip.  I am going to drive the kids down to San Antonio tomorrow to visit with the Mabey family.  Neal isn’t able to take time off work, so he can’t go.  It will be a new adventure for me to go somewhere without him.  I think it will be good and the kids will love playing with their cousins. 



Caleb looking cute, he fell asleep watching a movie


Spencer playing at the museum



Caleb driving around at the museum



Our peach tree is starting to bloom


My new rose garden.  We still need to get a boarder in.


my pretty flowers by the dining room window, I am happy that flowers are growing in my yard


a new bush planted in the back yard


The petunias are growing too.  The small little tuff of green is my lilly coming back that I planted last year.  There is hope in my gardening ability! 

No comments:

Post a Comment