Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring Time


I think I am in a recovery mode from everything this week and am having a hard time thinking and functioning today.  Last Thursday I packed up the kids into the car and drove south to the country by San Antonio.  The drive went well and we didn’t have any problems.  The kids were so excited about visiting their cousins. 

We got to the Mabey’s home at lunch time.  After eating the kids just played.  They were excited to explore their large yard (they have 2 acres of undeveloped land) and just have fun.  The weather was so nice too.  The kids set up little stores and sold their little things.  Ruth was happy to get some cool rocks from Peter.  I thought it was cool that they had their own currency, shells they found in the dirt.  So the kids worked to find shells and then they traded shells for things like candy from Joseph and rocks from Peters collection.  They even sold chocolate milk at one time.  Spencer got lost of little trinkets he was excited about.  They all enjoyed their store play.  Friday they played princess and knights.  The boys had fun running around with their play swords defending their rock fort.  Everyone was so tired Friday night that they fell asleep fast!  

I was able to relax and visit with Neal’s mom and Andrea a lot.  It was nice to hear what they have been doing and share thoughts and ideas.  I also read and did a little cross stitch.

Saturday morning Ruth and Andrew both got up not feeling well.  We needed to drive home and did.  Ruth got sick in the car.  I was thankful we had a bucket to catch it.  It was hard to drive that far and deal with everything by myself.  But, I am glad we went.

We made it home about 1:30 Saturday afternoon.  Ruth and Andrew were laying around the house and Spencer and Caleb were happy to be home and were playing.  Neal came home a little before 3:00, he had been at work, and I was able to leave and go to a baby shower for a friend.  It was so nice to get away from everyone for a bit.  I needed that break.  I enjoyed visiting with the women there and was slow to leave.  It was a good break for me.

During Saturday night Caleb got sick.  Neal and I got him and his bed cleaned up and helped calm him down.  He didn’t feel well.  In fact I think he had it worse than the others.  Sunday morning I didn’t think I could go to church with three sick kids.  Neal left and went to his meetings before church and Sacrament meeting.  Then he came home and I went to church to attend Relief Society.  Spencer came with me and was able to go to some of Primary.  He was happy to see friends there and enjoyed his time with me.  I am glad I was able to go to Relief Society.  It always lifts my spirits to be there.  

Sunday was Caleb’s birthday.  He was doing a bit better but wasn’t eating much.  We still let him have a little cake, after all, it was his birthday!  He was so happy about his birthday and being three.  I guess it was too much and lots of excitement because Monday was a hard day for him.  He is doing a lot better now.  He is still not wanting to eat much and acts tired, but I think the stomach thing is past.

Caleb is learning his letters.  His favorite letter is L.  He will see it places and say “I like that letter.”  It is cute.  He also likes to make his toes talk.  I will be putting on his shoes and he will say things like “Me go first” as he holds up a foot.  He will wiggle his toes and say “I like my socks.”  I think it is funny he makes his feet talk. 

Tuesday I was able to go to the store and buy plants.  I got tomatoes and peppers for the garden.  I also got lots of flowers and other plants to try around the house.  It is fun to try to make things pretty.  I was able to get it all planted yesterday too.  Then last night it rained.  That was great for my new plants.  I am enjoying this spring time.


Ruth playing with her cousins




Spencer and Caleb had fun with the cousins too




Andrew and his adventures



Caleb requested a green cake.  Ruth and Andrew helped me design and decorate the cake.  Caleb loved that his name was written on it.


Caleb opening gifts, you can tell he wasn't feeling his best.








My cute 3 year old. 


Caleb's 3rd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment