Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fall is Coming

I am feeling frustrated that I can’t get my camera to connect to my computer to down load pictures.  I couldn’t get it to work last week either.  It had been working fine and then it just stops working, so frustrating.  I have some fun pictures I wanted to share, but I can’t.

Last Friday Neal and I were able to go to the temple together.  It was good to go.  Afterwards we went out to eat lunch.  It was a nice date time and fun we can do it during the time the kids are at school.  That evening we had a ward dinner.  It was nice to go be with friends in the ward and visit while we ate. The kids had fun going outside and playing on the lawn.

Saturday was a busy day.  We left in the morning to go to the Balloon fiesta museum to meet a group from our Stake to do service.  We worked at cleaning up garbage from the fiesta grounds in preparation for the balloon fiesta to start this week.  Our family walked around on the field where all the balloons will be.  We didn’t find a lot of garbage there, but it was a beautiful morning for a walk. Talking to others who were there it sounded like more garbage was found by the fences and in the parking lots.  They fed us pizza at the end of it.  

After the service we went to a train thing.  There was an open house and activity going on to show a locomotive steam engine that is being fixed so it can run.  They did this last year and we went too.  It is fun to see the engine and look around at some model trains and talk to people who love trains.  They also were giving out pop corn, hot dogs and drinks.  We made a donation to the engine work and enjoyed more food.

We then moved on the the Valle de Oro wilderness refuge south of the city.  The cub scouts Bear den, Spencer’s group, were meeting there.  They had invited families to come to the refuge too.  It was fun to see many we knew there from the ward and visit as we became familiar with what was there.  They were doing a 4th birthday celebration and giving a hay ride, with someone talking about what has been done for the land and what they hope to do.  We didn’t see any live animals running around but we did see some animal skins on display.  They also had crafts for the kids to do and cup cakes, so we got a dessert too.  We went for a walk and saw some birds and insects.  The kids had fun with the event.

We got home about 4:00, after being gone for over 7 hours.  It was a family activity day.  That evening Ruth and I went to the church to watch the Women’s session of general conference.  We enjoyed watching it together and went to a frozen yogurt place to get a treat afterwards.

Sunday was a slower day but still busy.  Church was good.  After church I went visiting teaching.  I have a new assignment.  I keep getting changed around and I guess it is good so I can keep meeting new people.  I went to visit two elderly sisters with my companion, who is also elderly.  So I had a different experience than I have had for awhile.  It was different talking to sisters who are grandmas and listening to their needs, so different than the young mothers I had to visit last month!  We also went to ward choir.  I decided to try going to choir again.  I haven’t sung with a choir since I lived in Provo.  I enjoyed being there.

Monday morning was a normal day getting back into school.  I was thankful, since I was remembering the events of the Monday before.  I went to the middle school to volunteer in the library during lunch time.  I didn’t do much, the librarian showed me around and talked to me and I checked out books to two kids.  I don’t know when I will go in again, they are still working out a schedule for it.  

Monday afternoon I took Spencer to the oral surgeon for help with his tooth.  After an exam and talking to him the doctor decided to do a procedure a little different than I was expecting.  But it went well and everything is looking good.  The doctor felt that Spencer’s tooth will come down okay and just needed help getting through the tough calloused gums, since he hasn’t had a tooth there for 3 1/2 years.  What the doctor did was cut into the gum and pull it up and exposed the tooth.  So now Spencer has a tooth there!  He was so good with it all and didn’t even seem to think it hurt much.  The doctor office suggested getting him a Frosty from Wendy’s to enjoy a cool feeling as the pain settled.  Spencer enjoyed that.  Now we wait and see what happens.  For about a week he has to be careful what he eats but he is doing great right now.  I took a cute picture of him smiling, and showing his tooth!  

The weather has been so nice.  It is cooling down at nights and then so sunny and pretty during the day.  I have noticed leaves turning colors.  I am thankful I live in a place with seasons.  Neal went with Ruth on a bike ride last night.  They went with a family that Neal home teaches, the father and daughter.  They enjoyed getting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment