Thursday, September 8, 2016

Beautiful Fall

We have had another busy week.  I will share a few highlights.  On Friday evening the kids and I watched the movie “The Peanuts Movie” that came out last year.  I checked it out from the library and we were excited to see it.  I remember all the talk it created when it was in theaters so I wanted to see it.  I was enjoying the story and the characters and then Caleb said “mom, where are the peanuts?  I haven’t seen any.”  It made me laugh because he thought the movie was about the food peanuts.  I paused the movie and explained to him who the “Peanuts” are.  It was a highlight of the evening for me.  

Saturday I picked the rest of the apples from the red apple tree.  They have been good.  I sorted them and cooked up the ones that had obvious bad spots on them.  We have enjoyed eating them this week.  I plan on bottling the rest and eating many fresh, they have been very good.  The pears are ripening and I am sad that most of them have worms in them.  They are a good tasting bartlett, the parts that we can eat.


I thought we got a good amount of apples off a small tree.



Sunday I went to a teacher training class at church.  I enjoyed going.  It is a new program the church has to help teachers learn how to teach.  I am enjoying my calling and am feeling more apart of the ward all the time. Last night I helped out with the Activity Days night.  They are a cute bunch of girls.  I think I have about half of their names down now.  

Monday was Labor Day.  We enjoyed some time relaxing and being with the family.  For the afternoon we went to Thane and Judy's home.  They are friends that live here in Albuquerque.  They had invited us over for a barbecue.   We enjoyed visiting with them.  Thane’s father was also there, he has recently moved in with them, and Neal enjoyed visiting with him about astronomy.  They invited us to come back some time, when the weather is right, to look through his large telescope, the kids thought that sounded great.

Recently we talked about how nice it is that I am home during the day to care for the children and help them when they are sick and can’t go to school.  But, I thought, they aren’t sick much and so that isn’t that big of a concern.  We have been blessed with healthy kids.  Then Tuesday Andrew got sick to his stomach at school and I went and picked him up.  I am thankful I was able to do that and he was able to sleep the afternoon away.  He felt fine by evening and Wednesday morning felt back to normal, so he went back to school.  

Wednesday afternoon I took Andrew and Spencer to the orthodontist for another consultation.  We went to him last year and he had suggested we come back in a year.  He is still not recommending braces yet but did recommend some treatment.  I hope we can help Spencer get his tooth to come down!  It was recommended he see a oral surgeon to help.  Andrew still has too many baby teeth and the doctor was concerned that they aren’t coming out.  He said to give it a couple more months but we might need to have one pulled.  He felt if one was pulled it might stimulate the others to come on their own.  Andrew will need braces, but not yet. 

Caleb has been enjoying learning how to solve a Rubics Cube.  He has been learning from Neal and working on it a lot.  Spencer has been working on ideas for a robot, he said it was a writing assignment for school.  He has fun dreaming about all the things it could do. This week the boys moved all their Lego to the spare bed room and have made a Lego village on a couple of folding tables.  They are enjoying having a place to play with it. And it has made their bed room look so much bigger to have it all out of there. 

We have had a lot of rain the last two days.  I looked at the weather report and found that we are on the fringes of the hurricane Newton and that is why we have had the rain. I found that interesting that we could get the effects of a hurricane here, so far inland.

Last night Ruth was able to go to the temple and do baptisms with a youth group.  I was able to have some family cards ready to send with her.  I am enjoying the work.  I just wish I had more time to do it!  Last night Spencer and Andrew enjoyed their scouting activities too.

I hope everyone can enjoy a beautiful fall time!


No comments:

Post a Comment