Wednesday, April 29, 2015

An Exciting Week

It has been a busy week.  Wednesday afternoon Andrew and I made a cake for his cub scout cake decorating activity.  He decorated it by himself. He had lots of fun.  The pack meeting we went to that evening was fun.  They remembered that they didn’t hand out mentor pins the month before so they had some of us come up to get our pins.  Andrew got to pin the Bear pin on me.  He has worked hard in the scout program.  We all enjoyed lots of cake too, every boy brought one. 


Andrew and his cake, with Caleb in the back ground (he loves getting in pictures)


Someone in the ward took some pictures of me and Andrew up front, that was nice.



Thursday Ruth and I were able to get our new glasses.  Ruth’s are working great for her.  I am having a hard time adjusting to bifocals.  I went in yesterday and they adjusted them some.  I am giving them a good try.  They work great when I am sitting doing things, computer, sewing, reading and doing a puzzle.  But to be up and walking and driving I am having a hard time with them.  I think I will get a second pair of glasses that are just my distance vision to use when I am moving around.

Thursday evening I called Neal, like I do every night.  He answered the phone and it sounded different to me.  Then he told me he was in Colorado and would be home in about an hour and a half.  He had brought his things to work and left work a little early and set out to come see us.  It was nice to have him home, earlier than expected.  He was with us all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.  The kids enjoyed waking up Friday morning and having him home.  He even made them waffles for breakfast that day.  

Thursday evening I went next door to our neighbors home.  They had invited neighbors over for a special celebration for their baby.  I learned more about it that night.  They are from Nepal and it is a big celebration for babies when they start eating solid foods.  I didn’t realize how big of a thing it was and wasn’t totally prepared.  They had a full dinner served, I had some and participated with the cake.  Then I left. I did enjoy visiting with some of the neighbors I have only seen around.  On Friday our neighbor brought over left over food from their dinner, so Neal was able to enjoy some of it too.  They have been friendly neighbors.  Sunday after church Neal decided to go over and thank them for the food and give them a Book of Mormon.  They invited him in and talked with him for a bit.  They told Neal about a big earth quake in Nepal that happened on Saturday.  We hadn’t heard about it yet.  Neal was able to give them the book and share some things with them too.  It was a good visit.  They did tell us that so far their families were okay, but didn’t have their house to be in. I have read more about it on the internet and it sounds like a bad earth quake.

Friday after school we went to the Big Dry Creek Park with the kids and played for a bit.  It was a pretty day and we had walked and rode bikes over there.  For dinner that evening we went to the Sweet Tomato restaurant and met friends.  We had a nice dinner with them and enjoyed visiting.

Saturday morning we decided to go back to the same park.  Neal and Andrew rode bikes around and the other kids had fun playing.  It was a pretty day to be outside.  Saturday afternoon we enjoyed a visit with Neal’s parents.  They were on their way to their mission in Iowa and stopped in for an afternoon visit.  They had lunch with us and played games with the kids.  It was nice to see them.  We wish them well on their mission.


The weather was so nice, we ate lunch outside and enjoyed playing some croquet. 








Some group shots right before Neal's parents left. 



Sunday we went to church together as a family, that was nice.  I was in nursery like usual.  I was feeling like I needed something more to lift me spiritually.  The kids are cute and all, but I have been feeling drained and needed something more.  Then the nursery leader commented that things were slow and the kids were playing well, then she asked if I wanted to go to Relief Society.  I did and enjoyed going into the class.  I was late, but enjoyed being there.  I don’t remember much about the lesson now, but the spirit in the room was wonderful for me and I felt strengthened.  One fun thing was that the Young Women were in RS.  I didn’t know about that and it was fun to see Ruth sitting there with her class.  

Sunday afternoon Neal drove back to Albuquerque. I started the other 1000 piece puzzle that I bought from the thrift store.  As I started putting together the boarder I realized that it wasn’t matching the picture on the box.  Then I noticed that there was a date and name on the corner of the puzzle.  I typed that into a search on the computer and in about five minutes I found a picture that matched what I could see on the boarder.  Pretty cool what you can do with the internet sometimes.  I have enjoyed doing the puzzle this week.  It is actually coming together rather easily.  It is a fun picture too.

We have done things with friends this week.  Two times Justin came over to play.  And this morning we met the friends at the city sponsored nature walk.  It was fun to be outside with friends.  We played at a play ground for a while after the walk and enjoyed visiting.  We also met some new friends.  Caleb had fun going to story time Tuesday morning too.  He is doing well with his social skills and amazes people all the time that he is as young as he is and yet knows so much.  He is an amazing kid.  

Monday evening we had Logan and Parker come over for our Family Home Evening.  I was happy that Parker was able to come too, at first I thought it would just be Logan.  We had our regular song, prayer, scripture, and lesson.  I explained to the boys what we were doing and they participated well.  Then we did a game.  My three boys with their two friends got very excited about the game and went a bit crazy.  I think the biggest thing was that everyone kept wanting to wrestle with each other.  At one point all five of them were piled on each other, laughing and rolling around on the floor.  Thankfully no one was hurt and nothing got broken.  We enjoyed some cookies and milk and then the boys went home.  I thought it went well, especially when Logan asked if we do this every week and asked if he could come again.  

I am thankful for friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment