Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spring Time!

Last week I counted the days we had until we moved and I discovered something.  We passed our half way point.  Amazingly it is an even 100 days from when Neal left until we move.  Last week we hit day 50.  So, it is all down hill now.  Things are going okay but it is hard.  I get tired and I miss having Neal here with the family.  I am sure he misses us too.  I am glad I can talk to him every day and on Sunday we do a video chat in the afternoon.  He will be home this coming week end and it will be good to see him.

Last week I had an eye doctor appointment.  Caleb went to play with Jackson in the ward.  He had lots of fun.  I visit teach Jackson’s mom and the boys have fun playing together when we go there.  (Which we did this morning.)  It snowed on Thursday, the day of my appointment.  We had heavy snow fall right at the time I had to be out.  It was crazy and cold.  I am glad that it didn’t last.  I got some new glasses ordered and hope they can help me to see better.  My eyes changed again, my far vision got worse and my near vision did too.  I am going to try progressive bifocals.  I hope they work.  On Friday I went back for an appointment for Ruth after school.  She is excited to get new glasses too.  The boys had fun playing at the Turner’s home while we were at the doctor.

Saturday Ruth and I went to the Stake center for a clothing exchange.  A young woman in the Stake had organized it and she did a good job having things orderly.  Ruth found a few things and I actually found something surprising.  I found an Eddie Bauer dress that was my size and even a tall!  The interesting thing is that I had use to have this same dress about 15 years ago, but it got too small so I gave it away.  So this dress I found is an old style but it is in good shape.  I opened a photo album and found a picture of me wearing the dress right away.  It was fun to show that I really did have one like it before.  The kids were interested in looking at the pictures of me from 2000 and I commented at how cute I look before gaining weight with having kids.  Then Spencer looked at me and said “you are still cute.”  That was sweet of him.

Andrew finished the 1000 piece puzzle Saturday.  When he got down to the last piece he called everyone together and had us watch him put it in.  He was ready to start another puzzle right away.  I suggested we enjoy the picture of this one for a week and then start the other one I bought.  Maybe we can finish it.  Without Rachel’s help, like she did with the first one during her spring break visit, it might be hard to get it done in a month.




Spencer did a great thing this week.  He invited his friend over for Family Home Evening.  He said he told Logan about what it was and asked if he could come over.  Logan asked his mom and she said yes.  Later I went over to talk to the mom and extended the invitation to the mom and the older son.  She declined coming, but said Logan could come,  Parker already has something that evening and couldn’t.  I was a bit sad at first that she said no, then I remembered something I heard recently.  I was successful with my invitation to do something religious with my family, I made the invitation, she chose to not accept it.  It made me think that I need to give the invitation more often.

Monday I went to a luncheon with the other Nursery workers.  One of the ladies is moving next week and we did a lunch to say good bye to her.  It was nice to sit and visit with them and not worry about the little kids.  Although Caleb and one of the other boys had gone outside to play and turned on the water and played in a muddy puddle for a bit.  Thankfully only his socks got messy.  At least he had his shoes off so they weren’t a mess.  So we should have been watching them better!

Last night Ruth had the opportunity to babysit.  The youth in the ward do service babysitting once a month to help families go to the temple.  Ruth was with two other Beehives in the ward babysitting a family with young children.  She came home tired but said it was fun to be with the kids.  I am glad that her first time babysitting someone besides her brothers went well.

It is a sunny spring day today.  I have been enjoying the smells of spring here.  All the flowering trees and bushes that have scents, it is nice.  I should go for a walk now.  We are going to meet some friends at the park for lunch today.  Caleb loves playing with friends and loves play grounds.  I am thankful for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment