Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year

We enjoyed a fun New Year's Eve time. The kids asked if they could stay up until midnight.  So after dinner we played Monopoly together.  I was surprised at how well Caleb could play the game.  He is good with numbers.  After we played for about an hour we decided to stop and watch a movie.  Spencer had fallen asleep and Caleb only lasted a little into the movie.  But the timing was perfect because the movie ended two minutes before midnight.  Ruth and Andrew thought it was great they could say "happy new year" at midnight.  We also looked out the window and watched some fireworks from our neighbor.

New Year's Day was a good one.  We had snow and Neal took the kids sledding at the park.  They found a hill to slide down.  They had so much fun, they stayed out for about three hours.  I enjoyed some quiet time at home.  I cooked a turkey that day, which we all enjoyed.

In Friday I went to the grocery store and they had turkey's on sale for 69 cents a pound, I couldn't pass it up and bought one.  So we will get lots of turkey this month.  Friday we also worked at taking down our Christmas decorations.  Ruth was a big help getting the tree undecorated.

Saturday afternoon Andrew went to play with his friend Cody.  I was surprised at how quiet the house seemed without him here.  The weather warmed up some and we watched the snow melt.  (Then this morning it has been snowing again.). Neal gave the boys hair cuts and they all look nice and trim.

Sunday we started going to church at 9:00 again.  I like the morning time and we have had it a lot.  It was nice to have all afternoon to do quiet things at home.

Monday the kids still had home from school.  Ruth had fun making some doll clothes for her new doll (like a Barbie).  I don't have patterns for that size doll so she made up her own patterns.  She even did some of the sewing on the machine.  I worked on quilts.  I have Andrews quilt already to set up on the frame to start quilting it.  I hope to be able to do that today.  Spencer had fun putting together a rocket he was given.  Then last night Neal helped him launch it at the church building, while they waited for Andrew at scouts.

Yesterday I went to a lunch with women from the ward.  I am trying hard to make friends.  It was nice to get out.  Other women brought their kids with them, that was a bit of a distraction.  I was glad I could leave Caleb with Neal.  I also took Caleb to the library yesterday.  He had fun going to story time again.  Caleb is working in typing numbers into his Pages document, he is up to about 850 now.  He is working on it now.  He also likes to write the alphabet out and write numbers.  On paper he wrote up to about 260.  He also loves arranging his letter and number magnets on the fridge. He likes to ask us how to spell words, Neal joked that he was having his spelling test.  It is fun to see him so interested in numbers and letters.  He is doing well with his reading.  I gave him the book "Green Eggs and Ham" for Christmas.  He read it to me that afternoon.  He loves to learn.

Yesterday the kids went back to school.  They enjoyed seeing their friends again. I am glad to be at home today and am enjoying seeing the world turn white again.  I hope everyone can enjoy a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment