Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Picnic in January

This week has gone by quickly for me.  Last Friday Neal and I were able to go to the Denver temple.  I enjoyed being in a quiet peaceful place for a bit.  It was a nice day to spend time together.  Caleb had lots of fun playing with his friend Justin while we were at the temple.  We got back in time to get the kids from school.  

The weather was nice over the week end.  Saturday we decided to go to the park.  It was sunny and about 45 degrees.  We brought our lunch with us and enjoyed a picnic in January, in Colorado!  The kids had fun riding their bikes and playing with their rockets.  We also brought a kite with us.  There were lots of people at the park and the kids friend Ayden who lives on our street was there with is dad.  He joined in the rocket fun.  


Andrew and Caleb having fun at the park


Spencer


 Neal with the kite


A little video trying to capture the rockets

Sunday was a nice day too.  We did quiet things after church.  Our home teachers came for a visit.  It was nice to meet someone new.  This is the first time home teachers have come since we moved.  I am thankful they would take time to make the visit.  I talked to Ruth in the afternoon.  She was playing in her room and I went in to see what she was doing and she showed me her dolls and talked about what she liked to play with.  On Monday she made another little dress for her Barbie dolls.  She is learning about sewing and even used the machine this time.  

Monday was Neal’s birthday! The kids had the day off school for the holiday. The kids were excited to have a birthday cake and balloon time.  We enjoyed time together at home and had a fun evening with the kids.

Neal with his cake

The weather was so nice Monday we ate lunch outside

Monday was another pretty day and the kids played out side a lot.  Mid morning I took Andrew out to Boondocks.  He had earned another reward for his good work on his chart.  He wanted to try out miniature golf.  He hadn’t done it before.  We had a fun game of it.  He did really well for his first time too.  I enjoyed being with him.  I was talking to him and he told me that he isn’t liking school very well.  I asked why.  I was surprised that the first thing he said was that kids and some teachers don’t dress neat or modest.  He doesn’t like that the kids don’t try to look nice and then often they don’t act nice.  I thought that was interesting he noticed those things.  This school district doesn’t have much of a dress code.  In Texas our school district had a pretty strict dress code, that was enforced.  How you dress does make a difference in how you act.  I am glad that Andrew has noticed that.  He also misses having P.E. every day.  Here they are on a rotation for “specials” and go to one special for three days then they rotate to the next one.  P.E. is in the rotation, so they only have P.E. 3 days out of 12.  I wish they had it more.  

Yesterday the kids got back into their school routine.  It was cooler but they still played outside a lot in the afternoon.  Spencer came inside so cold.  I think that will help him remember to put on a coat next time, not just a sweeter.  Caleb had lots of fun riding his trike around and playing with the neighbor kids. He is good at his trike and loves riding it.  I have been working on Spencer’s quilt and have the top pieced together.  I hope to get the backing sewed together and have it on the frame to start quilting it soon.  Neal has worked on little mechanical crafts, like Lego and today he is working on getting an old motor working for the Erector set.  He is also keeping up with job hunting things too.

This morning it has snowed.  It is cold and white.  I went visiting teaching and the kids will get out of school soon, early out day.  I am thankful for a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment