Wednesday, May 14, 2014

School Days

The month is half over.  The kids are counting down to the end of school.  It is a busy time of year.  Friday Andrew had his field day.  The 3rd and 4th grade went to the high school stadium for it.  Caleb and I went to watch.  Andrew ran in some races and had fun with all the other activities.  Caleb had fun playing on the bleachers with his friends.  


Andrew is the runner wearing a purple shirt







the tug a war, Andrew is the second in line



Andrew is also excited about a “Market Day” the 3rd grade is doing in two weeks.  He is partners with his friend and they came up with their business plan.  They are doing a toy store.  His friend is coming over tomorrow to work on things to sell.  Andrew was working on things last night too.  He is excited to be learning how stores work.

Ruth was disappointed her field trip to Baylor ropes course was canceled because of rain.  We had two inches of rain on Thursday and then another four inches on Monday.  Things are soggy right now.  The kids get covered in mud everything they go out to play.  The sun is out today so I am sure things will start to dry out. 

Ruth has some fun activities at school right now.  They are building bridges in science out of pop cycle sticks.  They will be putting weights on them to see how much they will hold.  She is making pottery in art and in social studies she is doing a report on Utah.  She was working on her poster about Utah yesterday.  It is good they have some fun things to do at the end of the year.  

Spencer has a friend from school who lives up the street.  The other day I walked up to the house to meet the mom.  Eli was able to come over and play Friday and Saturday.  The boys are having fun together.  Spencer fell on his bike Saturday late afternoon.  He cut his jaw bone and onto his neck.  It was sad.  He has been doing so well riding without the training wheels.  He is very excited about his field trip to a train museum and train ride tomorrow.

Caleb had fun going to his last day of preschool yesterday.  He enjoyed going each week.  He is learning so much.  I have been working on reading with him and found a good app for the iPad to use with him.  He is learning how to spell words too.  He likes doing “Spelling City” on the iPad.  I taught him how to do skip counting last week.  He got really good counting by 10’s.  Then he came up to me and said “I can count by 11’s”  and he did it perfectly.  I didn’t teach him that.  He also has decided that the alphabet is more interesting to say backwards and it is fun to do count downs, counting backwards from 100.  He is an amazing kid.

I had a nice Mother’s Day Sunday.  The kids gave me little cards and lots of hugs.  Neal fixed breakfast and dinner for us.  I enjoyed having a little extra free time Sunday.  I also played the game of “Life” with the kids.  It was fun to spend time with them, although that is a long game.  I also enjoyed calling my mom and having a nice visit with her.  I am thankful for mothers and all of the wonderful women in my family and life.

Last night was a Relief Society activity on missionary work.  We had our full time missionaries come and teach us.  It was a nice evening.  I enjoyed talking to my friends afterwards too.  


Before church I decided to try pictures.  I finished making my skirt and thought it turned out nice.  Ruth did okay taking the picture and then Andrew tried one with me and Ruth.





No comments:

Post a Comment