Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mixed Emotions

This has been an interesting week.  My conflicting emotions are going crazy.  Yes, I am happy, yet I feel sad.  I am excited but nervous.  So many things to think about and do.  Caleb said to me this week “how can we move, the house is stuck to the ground.”  As I explained it to him it made him feel sad.  But now he tells everyone that we are moving and his new house will have stairs.  I guess we will see about that one.

Last Thursday evening I took the kids to school for an iPad night.  It was interesting to see what they have been doing on the iPads.  It was fun to see some of the little books and videos they had created for the evening.  They were excited about showing me their class rooms too.  We went to both schools and also saw a display of the GT projects the kids had done.  Ruth had made a model of a Mars rover.


Andrew showing his iPad, Caleb standing by him


Spencer showing his iPad book he did



Spencer with his teacher


Ruth with her Mars rover


Andrew with his art work, bottom is his self portrait. 



Friday was field day for Spencer.  I had fun watching him do the relays with his class.  His class won 2nd place in the tug-a-war too.  He had a fun morning.  Caleb and I were there for part of it, then came home for awhile, then went back at the end.  It was fun to go an support his class.  Andrew had a fun field trip Friday.  They went to Homestead Heritage.  He got to see demonstrations on pioneer life.  He got to hold a young goat and a baby chick.  He saw how to make pottery.  He enjoyed it all.



Spencer at field day




Saturday was a busy day cleaning things here at the house.  We took a break to go to the church to watch the pinewood derby.  Andrew enjoyed making the car and worked hard to have it look just right.  He didn’t win any races but did get an award for “most original car design.”  After the activity a friend came home with us.  Ruth had lots of fun playing with her.  We took her home later in the afternoon.



Andrew with his car



I enjoyed going to church Sunday.  I just feel a calm peaceful feeling there.  It is always so nice to feel that.  It gives me strength to deal with all the other things during the week.  Sunday was Neal’s last day in our ward.  He worked hard at being Ward Clerk, but I think he was happy to turn it over to others.

Monday we had a day at home with the family.  Neal and I were busy working on things while the kids played.  It rained a lot during the day.  In the afternoon the kids went outside and played in the rain.  The boys put on their swim trunks and Caleb was so excited about it, he said “we don’t even need sun screen!”  They enjoyed playing in the rain.  That evening we went to the a friends  home for dinner and Family Home Evening.  It was so kind of them to invite us over.  They have been good friends.  I remember they were some of the first people I met here.  The first week I moved here we went to their house for dinner.  We will miss all of our friends.

Tuesday I had an appointment at the school for a GT parent conference.  It went well to talk to the GT teachers.  They said the kids were doing great in the program.  I told them we were moving.  I also talked to the school offices about moving and what I needed from them to transfer schools.  This is all new to me.  I haven’t moved with school kids before.  Today I called doctor offices to cancel well child visits and dental cleanings.  It is hard to think that this is all coming to an end.  Hewitt has been good to us.

Rachel will be here soon.  We are so excited to have her come for a visit.  It is nice that we can have her come.  Andrew was able to pass off the last level of his recorder playing with the music teacher today.  He is so excited to have finished the program. He is playing right now and has done a nice job learning how to do it.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to change to all new circumstances and it will take time to adjust and make new friends. But you haven't lost any of your old friends. They will still be there when you see them again. It's wonderful that you are proud of your children in the good sense. It makes them want to achieve and do good and win your praise. It's healthy!! But we are happy for your new opportunities -
    Love, Grandma J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Andrew's car design. I like the paint job and the extra details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be fun and nice and God is going to be there and bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete