Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Smart Kids


Another busy week at our house.  The kids just like to go and go.  I don’t know how mother’s with more kids keep up with it all.  Friday I enjoyed going to play group and being outside with Caleb and some friends.  Then I took Caleb to the doctor for a well child visit.  He is doing great.  He did a vision test using a letter chart and did perfectly.  I thought it was great at 4 he can say all his letters.  They also did a hearing test that he liked because he thought it was a game.  Then he had some immunizations.  That was hard for him and me, but he was brave.  He is a big boy and growing up fast.  He is 3 feet 7 inches tall and 42 pounds.  Yesterday I measured the boys and found that Caleb and Spencer are the same waist measurement, Spencer it just taller.  Caleb is wearing size 5 clothing and has things in his drawer now that Spencer can still wear, but I told Spencer he needs to wear the larger sizes to get the length.  I am sure it wont be much longer and they will be the same size.  Caleb is catching up quickly. 

Caleb has been cute this week in his prayers.  He will be thankful for many things, he will list some toys and then he has been saying he is thankful for his “cute big mommy” the first time he said it I almost laughed.  It is so cute that he remembers me in his prayers.  Saturday I took him to ToysRUs to pick out something with his birthday money he received.  He picked out two new train engines and a cute stuffed puppy he has named “Ice cream.”

Caleb and his cute puppy

Andrew had saved his money and wanted to buy a toy roller coaster.  We bought him the set and he has almost put it all together.  I am sure he will finish it this afternoon.  He is very excited about it.  He is a hard worker.  Saturday he earned some money by cleaning the blinds and windows in the kitchen.  Andrew has also started making his first pinewood derby car.  He really enjoyed cutting it Saturday and working on it with Neal.

Andrew working on his roller coaster before school today, he almost finished and will have it going this afternoon I am sure. 

Andrew lost a tooth on Monday.  He was pleased that it happened at school because he got to go to the nurse and get a little tooth fairy treasure box to put the tooth in to bring home. At bed time that evening Andrew asked “what does the tooth fairy do with the teeth?”  Before I could answer Spencer said “she recycles them.”  Neal laughed and asked if that was what dentures are made of.  We all had a good laugh about it.

Saturday I was able to put some tomatoes and peppers in the garden.  I also replanted a few other things.  I don’t know how they will do.  The first batch of seeds that I planted in February didn’t ever get going because of the cold weather we had.  I hope that it really is going to warm up and help the plants grow.  I am happy to see that the leaves are starting to come out of trees.  I always enjoy spring time seeing things wake up.

I have enjoyed working with Ruth.  She is a good help in the kitchen and it is nice to have conversations with her about what they are studying in school or anythings else she is thinking about.  She is planning a birthday party for friends.  She is very excited about doing it.  I am letting her plan it all. We found a web site with traditional party games and she picked some out.  She made her own invitations too.  I hope it all turns out well for her.

Last night was a Relief Society dinner.  I enjoyed helping get things ready and also enjoyed being there.  It was a nice evening and I enjoyed visiting with the sisters at my table.  When I came home the kids were all still up.  Neal had taken them to the park to ride bikes, so they were late getting baths and ready for bed.  They really enjoyed the time at the park though.  It was a beautiful evening for it.  I am glad that Neal is willing to do things with the kids.


At the library story time today the Fire Department came to talk to the kids.  Caleb loved seeing the big trucks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment