Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Break


This week is spring break from school.  It is like a touch of summertime in the middle of the school year.  The kids are loving all their free time.  Today the weather is windy and cooler.  They have put together a little pioneer type “home” in the garage.  They are so cute working together and their imaginations are fun.  I am glad that Ruth is still young enough to play with the boys.  Sometimes she acts older.  Like this morning when we went to a story teller at the library she wanted to sit on a chair by me and not on the floor with the kids.  It was a fun activity and it is nice that the library sponsors so many fun things. 

The big thing for this week was that Neal took a trip.  He drove to Robinson Illinois to celebrate Grandma Hubbard’s 90th birthday.  He left early Friday morning and made it to Robinson by dinner time.  He enjoyed lots of time visiting with the family.  He enjoyed talking to his cousins and getting to hear what they were doing.  I am glad that he was able to go and spend that time with family.  He drove back home Monday.  The kids were so excited to see him Monday evening.  They were begging for attention and literally jumping all over him.  

I had a busy week end keeping up with the kids.  I had a really bad head ache Saturday, so that was difficult.  We still went to help clean the church building, it was our assigned week to clean.  The kids did great helping with gathering garbage and wiping things down.  We did our normal Saturday things with cleaning and music lessons.  We all went to bed a little early so we could get up Sunday, since it was Daylight savings time change.  Early Sunday morning Ruth woke up and threw up.  I was so frustrated with her being sick.  Initially I was going to be the only one in the Relief Society presidency in church this week.  But Saturday the president contacted me and said her trip plans changed and she would be in church.  I was still planning on conducting RS and playing the piano in RS.  Then Ruth was sick and Neal was gone.  I felt overwhelmed.  I decided I wanted to go to church. (I am thankful I went.  It was a spiritually uplifting meeting for me and helped me get through the day.) I got ready and got the boys up.  At 8:20 I asked Ruth if she wanted to come with us or stay at home alone.  She said she didn’t want to be alone but that she was feeling well enough and thought she could go. So maybe that wasn’t the best thing to do, but I took the family to church.  After Sacrament meeting I decided I needed to take Ruth home.  I had her sit quietly to wait for me.  I turned over my RS responsibilities to the president.  Then we went into Primary so Spencer could give his talk in the opening time.  When he was done I gathered up the kids and went home.  It was a hard thing for me, I really don’t like missing my church meetings.  The boys were upset they had to miss Primary too.  Ruth went to bed and slept a few hours.  Andrew made a little game to sing primary songs.  So I took time to do a little Primary sharing time/singing time with the boys.  We had some fun together.  The rest of the day passed well enough.

Monday everyone was well and we had some fun at home playing.  We also got out the guitar and clarinet for the kids to try out different instruments.  Spencer has had fun making silly hats and masks.  Ruth lost a tooth and is glad that it is out because it had been sore. Yesterday Ruth and I made a skirt for her doll.  Caleb is trying to spell everything and asks how to spell words all the time.  Andrew has had fun with games.  He got Ruth to play Risk with him Sunday.  Then I played it with him yesterday.

Things were going pretty good until Tuesday morning when Andrew woke up and threw up.  He was pretty miserable for a few hours, worse than Ruth was by far.  He rested all day and by evening was ready to eat something.  Today he is running around feeling fine.  I hope no one gets sick tomorrow.   I am glad that everyone is doing well today.  They are happy kids.  I am thankful for their resilience. 


Neal with his grandma and dad


I stepped outside to get a few pictures of the kids play.  They had moved their house to under the tree.  Caleb was babysitting Ruth's doll while she was organizing things.  They are having fun together today.




No comments:

Post a Comment