Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Happy Birthday to Neal


Last Wednesday Neal came home from work and was telling me how beautiful the weather was and that we should do something to enjoy it.  He wanted to go camping.  I told him I didn’t want to go, the nights are still too cold for me.  After talking about it he decided to really do it.  Friday Neal came home about lunch time and got the car all packed up.  Then after school he took all four kids and drove off on their adventure.  

They went camping Friday night at Colorado Bend State Park.  They had a lot of fun.  The kids loved it.  They stayed warm during the night but were shivering while they ate breakfast.  By the time the sun was up and they were running around everyone was fine and they had lots of fun hiking on one of the trails.  It sounded like a fun trip for them.

My week end was rather quiet.  Friday evening I sewed a pair of pajama pants for me and watched “Little House on the Prairie.”  I got to bed early and slept soundly.  I slept in Saturday and was hurrying to get things done.  I baked a cake for Neal’s birthday and got over to a baby shower that I was helping with.  It went well and I enjoyed visiting with the other women who came.  The food was all so good I didn’t have to eat lunch, I just came home and changed into nicer clothes to go over to the church for a Relief Society Stake leadership training meeting.  I enjoyed that meeting too.  I appreciate being able to serve the women in the church.  It is a special opportunity to serve and help others.  I got home from everything about 3:30 in the afternoon.  I went for a walk, did a few other little things and then fixed dinner, expecting my family to show up any moment.  I sat down to eat, by myself, and wondered where they were.  Then about 6:45 they showed up, tired, dirty and happy!  I am glad that they had a nice time.




















Sunday was Neal’s birthday.  He made an effort to come home after church and not do too much clerk business in the afternoon.  He wanted to spend time with the family.  It was nice having him home.  The kids had lots of fun playing with him.  The kids wanted to decorate the house for the birthday.  We didn’t have any balloons and I was looking for something to decorate with and remembered I had some streamers.  I got them out and also found a bag of paper strip confetti.  I remember buying that confetti for a birthday party for my grandma.  Talking to my sister about it, I decided the party was for Grandma Anderson in about 2001.  I had to laugh that I still had the confetti.  I let the kids play with it.  They had lots of fun spreading it around.  We all had a fun day celebrating Neal in our lives.  We enjoyed turkey for dinner too.











Monday the kids didn’t have school for the holiday.  We went over to the park for a picnic lunch and to play with friends.  It was a pretty day and nice to get out.  It was a busy day getting laundry done and keeping kids busy.  Tuesday Caleb had lots of fun going to preschool.  He really loves going.  Today we went to the library and Caleb was so happy there.  I am glad that he can enjoy being around other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment