Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Our New Church Building


It is November already.  We had a great week.  Last week I was able to do a lot over at our new church building.  I went to a meeting Wednesday evening for ward leadership to review where classes were going to be and to see the building and what needed to be done to be ready for Sunday.  Then Thursday I helped move our Relief Society things from the old building into the new.  Saturday morning we all went over and helped do things in the building.  Ruth had fun unpacking new kitchen things with some other ladies in the kitchen, Andrew helped with moving chairs and setting out hymnals, and I worked in the Relief Society room vacuuming and setting up chairs.  Neal was in the clerks office getting things unpacked and organized.  Spencer and Caleb just moved around and did a few little things.  It was great to be a part of it all.  Sunday morning we were all excited to go to church in our new building.  It was so beautiful.  The interior is in red cherry wood with blue carpet and seating.   It is neat to see everything so new and perfect.  I taught the Relief Society lesson.  It went well.  I thought it was neat to see so many people come to church and even stay for all the meetings.  There was a wonderful spirit in the building.  It was interesting in our testimony meeting many in the ward got up and shared their thoughts about when the “old” building was “new” back in the early 1980’s.   It is neat to see the growth of the church here. 

Halloween was an exciting day here.  The kids came home from school so full of energy.  We carved pumpkins together, ate dinner and then took the kids out around our neighborhood for trick-or-treating.  Andrew was excited and kept forgetting to carry his tail, it ended up being a little too long for him.  At one point it got stepped on and ripped.  Yesterday I fixed it up, making it shorter.  He really loved his costume.  I think they all did.  They all had so much fun dressing up and walking around.  It was a nice evening but wet since we had had a heavy rain last Wednesday.  









Andrew and Ruth helped carve their pumpkins.  They drew the faces and I helped with the big cuts, then they finished it off.  I thought they did some cute faces.  Spencer and Caleb drew faces on oranges.





We have had a lot of rain this week.  It just seems to keep coming.  The ground doesn’t even have a chance to dry out before more comes.  Friday was a nice day and I was able to go to the park with Caleb to play.  Then in the afternoon I went out into the yard.  I picked lots of radishes and peppers in the garden.  The spinach is growing well too and I picked some.  It was good I got out there because it has been so wet I haven’t wanted to go into the muddy garden again.  I also picked some roses and brought them inside the house to enjoy the beautiful smell.

Saturday I was able to cook up our pumpkins.  I was very pleased with my new food processor that I bought for my birthday.  In about 10 minutes I was able to puree about 18 cups of pumpkin.  It was wonderful that it went so quickly.  

Saturday evening the kids watched “Mary Poppins.”  I was working on other things around the house and just had fun listening to the music and the laughter of the kids.  They liked it so much.  Caleb liked it so much that he has watched it two more times this week.  (I let him watch a movie every day.)  

Caleb likes looking at the snails outside.  Saturday he gathered up a pile of snails and put them in a special place in the yard.  Monday we were at the park and went for our walk.  He picked up a snail at the park and wanted to bring it home.  He went out to put it with his other snails and came back inside all distressed telling me his snails were gone.  I laughed with him as I explained that his snails had crawled away.  I realized this week that Caleb can “read” the names of everyone in our family.  When he sees a name written down he knows who it belongs to.  I don’t know if it is just that he remembers the beginning letter or if he really knows the entire name.  This year instead of dumping all our Halloween candy into one bag to share, the kids really wanted to keep their own stash.  So we got out ziploc bags and wrote their names on them with their candy.  It has worked okay so far.  I still keep the candy in the kitchen but let them get some every day.  Caleb knows whose bag is whose.  

Tuesday I taught Caleb’s preschool group.  It was an entertaining morning.  Things went well and the kids seemed to enjoy the things I had planned.  It went better this time for me.  Maybe because they are getting use to doing the preschool group thing.  They are learning and that is good.

Yesterday I got an email from one of Ruth’s teachers.  I thought her comments were nice.  She said, “She works hard and is smart as a whip! She deserves time to run around outside and play. She is a breath of fresh air and a pleasure to have in class. Tell her to keep up the hard work and enjoy her well-deserved free time.”  I am thankful for my sweet kids.  They are all wonderful and I feel blessed to be with them.


The kids did drawings for the school Reflections Program. 




The flowers from my yard.


Andrew, Spencer and Caleb playing with the blocks.


On Sunday afternoon the kids came and got me to see the rain bow.  It was a circle straight up above us.  The picture didn't capture it very well, but it was cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment