Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Busy Happy Family


The weather has gone up and down in temperatures this week.  Last week we had a frost, Sunday I turned on the A/C because it got to 90 degrees, today it is cool and cloudy.  Crazy weather.  Maybe that is why I got a cold and had a sore throat for a couple of days.  I also have been very achy and a bit swollen in my joints.  I am sure it is all from the weather and being a little sick.  

Last Thursday I went to the eye doctor.  Caleb went with me.  He did great.  He brought books to look at and was sitting on the floor “reading” while I had my exam.  It was fun to hear him tell one of his favorite stories “Are you my Mother?”  Then when I was picking out some new frames Caleb was insisting he needed glasses.  That got a bit difficult to keep him from touching all the frames!  He is a fun little helper though.

Friday Caleb helped again when we went to the church to help feed about 75 missionaries for a zone conference lunch.  It was our wards turn to help them.  I worked with some great women and we got the job done.  It was especially nice when the missionaries had us come in and they all stood up and sang “Because I have been given much.”  It was touching.  I am glad that I can help the missionaries in their work.

Saturday morning we went over to the school.  Andrew and Spencer ran their first race.  The school did a one mile Turkey Trot.  The boys wanted to do it and were so excited about it.  They even had numbers to pin on their shirts.  They thought it was so cool.  There were many people that showed up and the boys did great with running.  They both made it around the route in good time.  







We have started getting ready for Christmas.  It is fun to think of things others might like and buy gifts.  I am sure that Christmas will come all too quickly and I want to enjoy it all, not be stressed about all the things to do.

Caleb has been wanting to help cook a lot.  He enjoyed making cookies with me Monday.  He is starting to be able to do simple things and it is fun to have his help.  He can also be a bit bossy.  He is also cute, like last night Ruth was setting the table and Caleb was the “hug pass” in the door way of the kitchen.  He made everyone give him a hug before they could go through.  He is enjoying his preschool group.  He talks about his friends all the time and gets so excited when he sees them.  

Monday evening we went to the intermediate school for an art show.  They had on display all the Reflection projects that the intermediate school kids did and the three elementary schools that feed into that school.  So Ruth, Andrew and Spencer all had their art work displayed.  It was fun to look at the other art there and see what other kids do.  I thought it was nice that they did such a professional art display for the kids.

The kids are all so happy and healthy.  I am thankful.


this is a tree at the park that I enjoy looking at, the leaves are all coming down now


This is the poinsettia plant that I put in my flower bed last January, it survived the summer and amazingly has some red on it.


Andrew and Spencer had fun coloring fish pictures all over our drive way, as their "quiet" Sunday activity. 


Our yard, the trees aren't as colorful as some around the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment