Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hot Summer


September is being a hot month this year.  It has been really hard for me to want to be outside.  I go for a walk after I get the kids off to school and get so hot and sweaty that I have to come home and shower.  Then I stay inside as much as I can!  I have no motivation to get my fall garden going either.  This week we did get a little rain which will help a lot to get the ground softer for the garden.  Things have been so dry this summer.  Saturday afternoon I took the kids to Burger King and used our coupons we had for free ice cream. It tasted good on a hot day.

Last week I stopped by the consignment furniture store in town.  I stop there every once in a while just to see if there is anything interesting.  This time I found a great deal.  I was able to buy a swivel rocker chair, the exact type I have looked for but couldn’t find in a new furniture store.  It reminds me to the type of chair they have at church in the mother’s nursing room.  I also found two 3 shelf book cases that match what we already have in the front room.  I was excited about that.  Amazing that I found something that matched!  And they were in good condition.  What we have we got for wedding gifts, so this is an old style from Target that they no longer make.  Neal was able to get the furniture home for me and I have been enjoying the chair in my bedroom.  When we got the book cases home I realized that the one case that had shelf pegs with it, the pegs were the wrong size and the other case didn’t have shelf pegs.  So that was a set back.  I looked up the company on line and requested information on shelf pegs from them.  I got an email back saying they would just send me some, at no charge, since they were a small item.  I look forward to getting the shelves up and rearranging all my books. 

I have been going to the schools for parent meetings this week.  It has been good to go meet the teachers and hear from them what they are doing in their classes.  I think the kids have great teachers for them.  Spencer has a teacher who is bouncy and full of energy, just like Spencer!  Spencer’s teacher is teaching the kids ASL.  He comes home every day and shows me the new signs he has learned.  He loves it.  Ruth loves her science class.  This week they built little ecosystems in 2 liter bottles.  She is getting use to a new school.  Andrew was excited about starting his GT class (gifted and talented).  He is in the same program Ruth has done.  The district does a full day pull out program.  He is bussed to another school (Ruth’s school) for a day in a classroom with GT teachers and students.  He enjoyed going and thought the best part is that one of his GT teachers is a man, his first in his schooling.  

Caleb has been noticing bird houses this week.  It is fun to see what he notices and his excitement of simple things.  We went to the museum Friday and had fun with friends there.  Then Tuesday Caleb started his preschool.  We are doing a small group with three other mom’s.  He was so excited about it and told me lots about it.  It was fun for him and nice for me to have some time to myself.  Caleb has decided to grow up and be done with diapers.  It is so nice!  I am excited to be done with them myself, after 10+ years changing diapers it will be good to not do it any more.  He has done so well and very rarely has accidents.  I am so proud of him.  

Last week my visiting teachers came and I enjoyed a visit with them.  I also enjoyed going to a Relief Society activity last night.  I am thankful for the good people in my ward and their friendship.  


Spencer was given this beautiful blanket for his birthday from a friend in our ward, he loves it!



My new chair

No comments:

Post a Comment