Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Last Wednesday evening Ruth and I went to the church for a special activity for the primary activity days.  It was a “Mommy and Me” event.  The girls helped prepare a nice evening.  We dressed up and enjoyed time with our girls.  I am glad that their leaders prepared something like this.  Ruth is a sweet girl.  She is growing so quickly.  Friday evening she told me a boy at school gave her a ring and said he liked her.  She was so surprised she didn’t know how to react.  But she said she just wanted to have friends and him giving her a ring made her feel uncomfortable.  I was surprised we had to deal with “boys” this early on.  I also liked that she isn’t interested in having a “boy friend” and wishes this boy hadn’t said anything.  Monday Ruth had her school track and field day.  I wasn’t able to attend but she had so much fun.  Her class won the tug-a-war.  I was able to finish making Ruth’s doll a new outfit.  She enjoys being able to dress up her doll.  

An update on Andrew’s teeth, he is doing very well.  He says his teeth ache and the front teeth are moving!  It is amazing. I wish I had taken a picture beforehand.  The four front teeth have already straightened up a lot. I took a picture but it didn’t turn out great.  He was careful about what he ate and the extraction sites have healed nicely.  I am glad it is doing so well for him.  Yesterday he asked for help to pump up his tires on his bike.  It was fun to help him and feel like “mom knows how to do this.”  He did most of it anyway, he just needed help to get the pump out.  

Spencer is funny with getting up in the morning.  He isn’t a happy person in the morning.  Most mornings I have to wake him up.  I go in and sit him up on my lap and hold him for a minute and then stand him up on his feet.  This usually ends in him stomping off to the bathroom.  He will be grumpy through breakfast and then start to be more cheerful.  He isn’t a morning person.  He loves books.  Right now he is looking through all the library books we checked out.  He loves to sing and chatter.  I heard a Conference talk that said a child who sings is a happy child.  Spencer is happy!

Caleb was sick from Thursday to Saturday.  He had a fever that would come and go.  He didn’t want to eat and just wanted to be held a lot.  I am glad he is feeling better now.  We went to story time this morning.  It was their last time for the school year.  They had bubbles and chalk outside.  Caleb had so much fun with both that we were the last ones to leave.  I am glad it worked out to go since it was raining this morning.  But no rain during story time.

Saturday Neal got home about 4:00 and I just needed a break, so I went for a walk.  It was a nice afternoon.  As I was headed back towards my house I saw a neighbor putting out some iris bulbs on the curb with a sign “free” by them.  I walked over, talked to her briefly and came home with 43 iris bulbs! I counted them as I planted them in the flower bed.  I am excited about it because the bulbs I had planted weren’t coming up, since they had sat in my garage for a few months and dried out or molded.  So I will get my iris bed without having to buy any!

Mother’s Day was a fun time for our family.  Neal and the kids made a nice breakfast.  Ruth even wrote out a menu for me.  I enjoyed going to church with my family.  The kids had fun giving me lots of cute little cards and pictures.  Spencer’s primary teacher had brought in supplies to make cookie flowers.  Andrew’s teacher wasn’t there and they put his class with Spencer’s, so the two boys worked together to make me my mother’s day flower bouquet.  It was fun to see their excitement when they brought them to me.  We have all enjoyed eating them.  After church Ruth and Andrew fixed lunch while I helped Caleb change his clothes.  It was fun to see their excitement as they did something on their own.  I was impressed that Ruth cut bread and cheese by herself.  She did pretty good too.  Then Neal fixed us dinner.  It was nice to have so much help with my normal daily tasks.  

I am thankful for my family.  Last night we had a Relief Society activity and dinner on motherhood.  It was a nice evening.  I am amazed at my little family and hope I can be the best mother for them, to help them grow and develop in good ways.  I want to say thank you to all the wonderful women who have mothered me and mothered others around them.  You are all wonderful.

Yesterday I gave the boys hair cuts.  They all look so cute.  We had rain today and everything is so green!  I am enjoying spring time.


My mother's day flowers. 


I took pictures of the yard and the boys wanted to be in them.  


My garden, I picked the first peas this week, they were good!





where I planted the iris bulbs


we get lots of snails around the yard







Andrew made a fun house of blocks


Andrew's mouth, a bit blurry



Ruth and her doll in matching outfits. 


Another view of Andrew's mouth



The boys new hair cuts, Andrew had to stand on his toes to make this work.  Spencer is growing so fast!


Spencer reading


Ruth at field day, picture taken by a friend who was there


Becky and Ruth at the "Mommy and Me" activity.  They took pictures of us that night, this is a scan of the copy we got.


This is a scan of the pictures they took at the exam.  In the bottom middle one you can't even see the two teeth because they are behind the others, see the R side picture to see where they were.  The two that were taken out have made room for the teeth to come forward and straighten out.  In a few months he will go back in to get a spacer inserted to help his teeth come in better. 

1 comment:

  1. Your flowerbeds are beautiful and your kids are growing up so much! Our 9-year-old had to have four teeth pulled a couple months ago to make room for her permanent teeth. I'm sure braces will be in her future unfortunately. I don't know when you'll be in Utah again but we would love to see you. We keep talking about making a trip to Texas but it's never quite worked out. We have a lot of friends and family who live there right now. Maybe someday ... :)

    ReplyDelete