Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rainy Day


We are getting a little rain this morning which is great.  I feel like life gets so busy that I don’t even know where the time goes.  Last week our printer finally gave out.  I looked on line and found one I liked.  We checked prices and ended up ordering it on Amazon.  I hope it comes today.  It will be nice to be able to print things again.  It is interesting how dependent we can feel on machines.  

Last Friday when Neal was driving home from work the car had some transmission problems again.  That is another big frustration.  We had it checked and found that it really is an internal transmission problem.  We don’t want to put more money into this car.  It is frustrating because Neal has been so busy at work he hasn’t had time to hunt for the right car to buy.  He was hoping to have a different car by now and try to sell this one before another problem came up.  Now we are stuck with a car that doesn’t work.  Neal is blessed to have a good friend who has let him borrow their little truck again.  We are thankful he has a way to work.  He is looking at cars more and hopefully will find one to buy soon!  

Saturday I took Spencer to a birthday party for a friend. The family is in our ward and the boys are in the same school class too.  It was fun to go to the park and watch the kids play and visit with the people there. 

Caleb is having a hard time being left alone each day.  He wishes he could go to school.  This week he has switched his tune.  For awhile he was crying that he couldn’t go to school.  Now he says things like “I wish Spencer was little.  Then he stay home with me” or “I need my Spencer brother home with me.”  Today it was “Spencer needs to play trains with me.”  He does fine during the day once we get back from the school, he just misses his brothers, especially Spencer.

Saturday evening Neal and I were able to go out on a date.  Thursday I saw an advertisement in the paper about a piano duo, Anderson and Roe, performing a live concert and it was free.  I showed it to Neal and he was able to find a babysitter for us. It was a wonderful concert.  I enjoyed the music and was amazed at their talent.  It was nice to get out and think of something else besides all the work that needs to be done!

Ruth and Andrew are doing well too.  Andrew likes me to read chapter books to him at night now.  He isn’t as interested in picture books.  We have fun reading books together.  I hope that sometime he will try reading one on his own.  Sometimes he gets Ruth to read to him too.

Sunday I was able to teach my first Relief Society lesson at church.  It went well.  I am thankful for the spirit that guides me in what to say.  



Caleb having fun playing in the toys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment