Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spring is coming


Time just keeps ticking.  Thursday afternoon the kids got out of school early for a teacher inservice time.  The weather was perfect, about 80 degrees and they played outside all afternoon.  That evening we had the missionaries over for dinner.  It was fun to have them here.  Later that evening I went to a friends home for a gender revealing party for her baby.  I hadn’t heard of that before.  She had her ultrasound that morning and wanted to have friends over for the big announcement.  She had cupcakes that were frosted white and then inside was blue, so it is a boy.  I had a fun evening with friends.

The kids are enjoying school and doing well with their studies.  Ruth is feeling a bit bored with elementary school and looks forward to more challenging classes next year.  For GT this week she was in a group that did a skit on women suffrage.  

Andrew was excited to pass off two levels of his timed math facts.  He has been complaining about his eyes hurting and does little ticks with rolling his eyes.  I took him to the eye doctor this morning and he checked out fine.  His eyes are seeing well and nothing medically wrong with them.  

Spencer has been talking a lot.  He just has so much to say, mostly silly jokes or nonsense.  He enjoys going to school each day.  He is excited about Valentines day.  He carefully wrote cards for everyone in his class and made a cute “mail box” to receive Valentines in.

Caleb is my smart little guy.  I had fun doing puzzles with him the other day.  He is learning his letters.  He held up the letter C and said “this is  my letter.”  Then he pointed to S and said “this is Spencer’s letter.”  He likes to count too.  Sunday he counted to 19 with only skipping 13.  He can count to 10 fast and likes to sing the ABC song as fast as he can.  It is fun to listen to his chatter.

Saturday was cold outside and a bit rainy so we worked on Valentines.  Sunday we had a nice day and the kids went outside to play after church.  They tried to play a form of baseball and it was fun to listen to them running and laughing.

Yesterday was a busy day with going visiting teaching in the morning.  Then last night I went to a Relief Society activity about relationships.  It was a nice activity.  I gave rides to two young women who live close to me.  They were going to help with the child care during the activity.  It was fun for me because these girls chattered the whole drive.  They seemed so comfortable talking to me and telling me things about how school was going, about their families and just what ever.  I am glad that they felt comfortable with me.

Today is sunny but cooler.  Oh, Monday and Tuesday we got rain.  Things are very wet out in the yard.  I see signs of spring as the grass is starting to green up.  I will need to get out and work in the yard and start getting things looking better.  I hope we can plant a garden soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment