Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dirty Fun


Caleb and I spend a lot of time together.  Sunday I got him to go to his nursery class at church and afterwards he told me he had missed me.  He isn’t separated from me very often. In fact right now he is sitting on my lap.  We had fun last week going to the zoo together.  I hadn’t gone to the zoo with only one child before.  It was fun.  He enjoyed seeing things and also saying when he was done. Friday we went to the park for our play group activity.  There were about 10 families that came this week.  It was fun to be around so many friends.  Monday we went to a birthday party for a little girl from church.  It was at a park and we just visited and played.  It was fun to get out. 

Last week I pulled up the last of our garden carrots.  They have been tasty.  We are hoping to get our spring garden going soon.  The weather is forecasted to be a hot dry summer again, so we want to get it started a little early.  I picked lettuce and spinach yesterday.  They are still growing okay.  We have cabbage still in the garden that looks like it is still growing.  We will get about four heads I think.  It has been interesting to watch it grow, this is the first time we have done cabbage.

The kids have enjoyed playing in the garden area this week.  They have a big hole with pathways for their trucks.  They are taking the advantage of the nice weather and enjoy being outside as long as they can each day.  

Saturday I decided to take the kids to get a treat at 3 Spoons.  It is a frozen yogurt place.  It was fun to let them each get their own thing.  Caleb got all excited about the blueberries.  Spencer liked the different kind of chips, chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter and white.  It is where you dish up your own frozen yogurt and put on toppings off a great selection of things, then you pay by the ounce.  I didn’t realize how many chips Spencer got until we were eating.  I made him save some to bring home and eat later.  I guess it was a bit hard to supervise four kids getting their treats!  It was a fun outing.  Ruth and Andrew got theirs free by bringing in their “A” report cards.  They are doing well in school and it is fun to reward them.

Monday evening Andrew gave a great Family Home Evening lesson on Temples.  He took his assignment seriously and even wrote out his lesson on a paper.  He read it to us, then read a short story out of the Friend.  I thought it was fun he had everyone draw a picture of a temple, so they could remember how special they are.  It is really sweet to hear the kids share the gospel with each other.

Yesterday I went to a Relief Society visiting teaching interview night.  It was different this time because I was doing the interviews!  I enjoyed talking to the sisters and learning more about them.  It was good for us to do as a new presidency to get to know the sisters.  I will be teaching my first lesson on Sunday, on visiting teaching.  It should be a good experience.

Neal is still working long hours.  We miss having him at home and hope the schedule changes soon.  It makes it hard on everyone, including Neal!  He is always so tired and wishes he could do more.  We are thankful for his hard work that provides for our little family.


Caleb had fun playing on the chimes at the Zoo


We enjoyed watching the elephant eat


Playing at the Zoo



My kids said that they didn't get enough snuggle time and so they piled on me and got all cuddly.


I just took these picture this afternoon of the kids playing in the garden space.





No comments:

Post a Comment