Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter!


It has been cold this week, cold for us any way.  We even had a little ice fall, like hail, the other day.  Today is sunny but still only about 40 degrees.  Too cold for me.  I think it would be hard to go back to a real winter up north.  The kids have been complaining about it too and wishing for a warm day to play outside.  I think we are use to our nice mild winters. 
Last week with the help of the kids I got the Christmas thing all put away.  Ruth and Andrew did a great job with the tree.  It is nice to have kids old enough to really help with things.  I made an effort to get it all done because I had a Relief Society Presidency meeting at my home Friday morning and I didn’t want to be half done putting things away.  
Friday afternoon was actually nice weather so we went to the park for a play group.  It was good to get out.  Caleb likes being around friends.  We watched the Baker boys yesterday and Caleb loved having someone to play with.  Caleb doesn’t like being left behind and it has been hard for him to have the kids go back to school.  He likes to follow Spencer around and does what ever he does.  
Saturday I had a Relief Society training meeting with the Stake leaders.  It was an excellent meeting.  Late afternoon I went back to the church with Ruth and Andrew for a baptism of one of Andrew’s friends.  We were reminiscing that out of the nine kids in Andrew’s preschool group we did, only two are left.  The other boy is in the other ward so we don’t see him often.  It is just odd to me that people move in and out so much.  I feel like we are some of the “old timers” now.  Most of our ward is under 40 and usually only stay 2-3 years before moving on.
Neal tried out his new dutch ovens Saturday that he got for Christmas.  He cooked a chicken and potatoes in the fire place.  A bit unusual but it was fun that he cooked dinner.
Monday evening the kids had lots of fun doing Family Home Evening again.  Ruth had prepared a lesson on prayer.  Andrew had picked out a primary song in advance and even had markers in our books for us.  It all went so well and the kids enjoy so much being involved in the planning.  I am glad we decided to do it this way.
Last night I went to a Relief Society activity.  We did some “get to know you” games.  I enjoyed getting to know more about the women who came.  It was nice to have a night away from home.  I need that more.  
Neal was able to get the oven fixed!  He couldn’t find the part at stores he called here in town so he ended up ordering the part from a store on the internet.  The part came yesterday and he put it in.  I baked bread this morning and I am happy the oven works again!  
I hope that everyone is enjoying a fun winter.  Enjoy playing in the snow for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment