Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Races

It has been a crazy week.  Last Thursday the boys had fun with their Cub Scout Pinewood Derby.  They had worked hard on their cars and had lots of fun racing them.  I thought it was neat that the ward has a electronic track connected to a computer that recorded their times and also kept track of who was getting the best times and what lane they raced on.  Because of how fast the computer did the work it was continuous racing for about 45 minutes.  The boys had so much fun watching their cars go.  They both won different heats and best of all, just had fun.  They didn’t win any overall awards but they enjoyed watching their friends cars go fast.  Afterwards Neal talked to the dad of the winning racers and got some tips on how to get the car to go fast.  Maybe next year they will have a winner.  








Friday morning I didn’t make it to the temple.  A sister that I visit teach was needing help.  I had told her I could help any time with her kids as it got closer to having her baby.  Well, Friday morning she called and said she needed help because she felt she needed to get to the hospital.  I went over and spent a couple of hours with the four kids and then another sister in the ward came to be with them for the afternoon.  That way it wasn’t one person for too long.  They home school so all four of the kids were home and I enjoyed visiting with them and reading a book to them.  It was a nice change to my normal days.  They now have a little baby boy in their home.  We were able to take a dinner to the family on Sunday evening too.

Friday late afternoon Ruth and I had dentist visits.  The office we go to has extended hours which make it nice so we don’t have to do it during school hours.  We both checked out great with no cavities.  After the dentist we went out to eat dinner together.  It was a nice outing together.  We got home to find the boys eating dinner by candle light.  They think that is a fun treat to do.  


Reading time 

Saturday morning I attended a Stake Relief Society conference.  It was really nice.  Ruth was at the church helping with the child care.  It was a good meeting and I am thankful I could attend.  In the afternoon Neal and I went and looked at a couple of houses.  I think it is going to be hard to find one we like but I am thankful we aren’t rushed to find one.

Monday was an interesting day.  Caleb loved it because it was his 100th day of school.  They did some fun activities in the classroom.  He still loves going to school and has made some good friends there.  Monday was my mom’s birthday.  We called and sang for her.  I hope she had a great day.  Rachel had her birthday on Friday and I hope her day was good too.

Monday morning I was using the computer and fell for a scam.  As I have been reading about it and trying to correct things one thing I read said to educate your friends so they don’t fall into the same trap.  So I will share my experience.  I was on the internet and windows started popping up and saying I had problems.  Then I had a window claiming to be from Apple and to call the number for help before my computer was ruined by the detected viruses.  It all sounded so legitimate.  I feel pretty stupid now for falling for it.  I called the number and trusted the person I was talking to was a Apple Tech help.  This is called a “Tech Help Scam” and often they try to get at you by phone calls.  I have had those before and just hang up on them.  But this was different.  I panicked and thought it was real and gave out information and let them “help me fix” my computer.  When Neal got home I told him about it and he was skeptical and we started looking at things together and he help me take care of things.  I felt so bad.  So far I haven’t noticed any problems.  I just don’t know for sure what information they stole.  I have spent a lot of time going through all my accounts and changing passwords and such.  I have had to alert my credit card about fraud activity and have that account on hold now.  It has made me feel very insecure.  I can’t believe I did what I did and I am still not sure what I was thinking.  So remember to never give out information to someone who reaches out to you.  If you need help call a real company you deal with.  They already have your information.  I hope others can learn from my mistake.  I checked my free credit report today and so far nothing has been tried with my information but now I will worry about my identity and hope they didn’t get much besides my name and credit card information.  So be careful!

Monday evening I was really emotional about everything.  I also had an email from Doug that had a our quarterly family newsletter for December.  After talking to Mom they had decided to send out a letter Dad had written at the end of November for the family.  It was very touching to me.  Dad wrote out his testimony and things he was thankful for.  I wanted to share it with the family.  I started reading it but started to cry to hard.  Neal took over reading.  Caleb came over to me and asked if he could sit on my lap and cuddle to help me feel better.  It was so sweet.  It did help to hold onto him.  I am thankful my Dad could share his testimony with his family before he passed away.  I am thankful for my family.  I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment