Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Is it Spring yet?

Last week we enjoyed warm weather.  It was so nice to be outside and enjoy the sun shine.  The kids even pulled out their shorts.  Then yesterday it snowed.  I guess it is still winter but last week sure got me in the mood for spring!

Last Wednesday for Cub Scouts we did the coin collection elective.  The boys loved it.  One of the leaders gave each boy some loose change to look at the coins and practice counting them.  My boys played with money all evening.  It is fun to see them get interested in something.

I am enjoying going into the library to help every week.  It is nice to get out and have other adults to talk to.  I am enjoying getting to know Stephanie who works with me.

Friday I went to the school to judge the science fair.  They had a lot of volunteers show up.  Stephanie was there too and I enjoyed talking to her again.  We spent time with the kids talking to them about their projects and then filling out an evaluation on them.  The kids I talked to did a great job.  I was able to review 6 kids.  I saw Andrew and Spencer there but let other adults talk to them, of course.  They didn’t really judge the fair but just gave the kids an opportunity to present their project and have it reviewed by someone other than their teachers.  I think it went well.  I am enjoying this school and I feel grateful that my kids have been able to be there this year. They enjoy it too.

Ruth had fun with the youth last week.  Thursday they had a combined activity to go swimming at the community pool.  She had a lot of fun.  Then Friday evening we hosted a youth night activity.  Ruth wanted to do crafts and had planned some fun crafts with felt.  She had three friends come and it was a nice evening as the girls worked together making things.  That evening Neal set up some small tents in the back yard and he and the boys slept outside.  Like I said, the weather was great last week and they thought it was fun.  Neal also was trying out a new sleeping bag.  He has wanted to get a winter bag and we also needed another bag so we each have one.  He bought one that is rated to -30.  It is big and full looking.  

Saturday Neal and I went out to look at houses and also went to the temple together.  The kids did so awesome being home all morning together.  They did more felt crafts and watched TV.  I am glad that they get along well enough we can leave Ruth in charge like that.  I enjoyed being in the temple and felt at peace with life.

I finally finished my Christmas puzzle. It was a difficult one because the pieces were so odd shaped.  I enjoyed doing it.  I did most of it with some help from Neal and Andrew.



Last night was Ruth’s band concert.  They did a great job.  Before we went we were talking at dinner that Andrew needs to decide what his elective for sixth grade will be and if he wants to do band.  He was listening and between bands the boys were asking the names of the instruments.  Caleb was cute during one song he was bouncing to the beat and trying not to clap (he did so good at being quiet).  At the end of the song he smiled real big and said “I want to be in band!”  Andrew is still trying to decide.  We turn in his registration papers tomorrow at the parent teacher conference.  He will be going to the middle school where Ruth is next year.  They haven’t been at the same school for a long time, I think they will both like that.  

We were all excited this week when my Mom decided to come visit us in March.  She bought her air line tickets and we look forward to seeing her.  It will be nice to have her visit and see the kids in all their activity.  She plans on being here for our spring break so the kids will have lots of time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment