Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow

The kids enjoyed their break from school.  I had some nice visits with their teachers with the parent conferences.  I am glad that the kids are doing well at school and are working hard.  

Friday morning Ruth and I went to the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster, the city next to us.  It was a fun little museum.  There were displays of insects and lots of information about butterflies.  The big attraction was a large green house type room that had hundreds of butterflies flying around.  Some were from other areas of the world and were larger than I have ever seen before.  It was neat to see them flying around.  At one point two landed on Ruth’s head.  It was fun that they sat there long enough for me to get some pictures.  






I thought this butterfly was pretty with its vibrant colors.  It was a smaller one though.  The big ones with blue on the inside of their wings moved around too much to get a good picture.  I thought it was neat to see were they get the butterflies from.  They buy them from farmers all over the world.  Then they had this area set up to wait for them to hatch.  It was a neat place.



Saturday Neal gave me a dozen red roses.  They are pretty.  They smell good and it has been fun to look at them.  We had a fun Valentine’s Day with the family.  We made sugar heart shaped cookies and the kids had fun decorating them.  In the afternoon we went to McKay Lake, close by us.  The boys brought their fishing gear and gave it a try.  Neal and I walked around the lake twice.  Ruth brought her binoculars and enjoyed looking at the birds on the lake. It was a beautiful afternoon and nice to be outside.  



Andrew fishing


Caleb and Spencer at the lake


Ruth and Spencer



Caleb likes being silly



Sunday I ended up helping the little boy I have mentioned before.  I held him through the two hours after Sacrament meeting.  He slept for part of the time. He was quiet and easy to tend.  He had oxygen on and tried pulling it away from his face a few times, one time he succeeded.  I guess it isn’t very fun to have that on your face.  I am glad that I was able to help the family out. I enjoyed going to the adult meeting too. 

Sunday evening we went to the church for a baptism preview meeting.  Spencer will be turning eight in August.  He is excited about preparing for baptism.  It was a short meeting the primary president put together for all the families of kids preparing for baptism. 

Sunday it started to snow.  Surprising in a way since the days before that were warm and sunny.  Monday morning we woke up to a white world.  There was about six inches of snow.  The kids had fun playing in it.  Andrew was outside almost all day.  It was fun that they could enjoy that on a day off of school.  Neal took Andrew and Spencer to a park to go sledding in the afternoon.  

Andrew had cub scouts on Tuesday.  He has done everything to earn his Bear rank.  They will award it to him next week with Pack meeting.  He is enjoying the scouting program.  Yesterday afternoon Caleb had fun playing with his friend.  I am glad that the kids have friends.  They all enjoy playing with the boys across the street.

Today I was able to get Caleb’s quilt set up.  I am on my way to having it done before Caleb’s birthday.  He is so excited about his birthday.  He is looking at the calendar often and counts how many days until the big day.  He is always so excited about things.  We enjoyed going to the library yesterday morning too.



Neal has enjoyed building some creations out of Lego.  With the snow this week he tried them out to see if they would drive on the snow.  The kids had fun playing with them too. We are enjoying some fun family time right now. 








No comments:

Post a Comment