Thursday, February 12, 2015

Adventures in Parenting

We have enjoyed the mild weather this week.  The snow disappeared quickly and the sun has been shining.  It has been nice.  We have enjoyed outdoor activities this week. Neal took the boys fishing Saturday afternoon.  They talked to a nice man at the lake that gave them some pointers on fishing.  So this morning they went out to try again.  I guess we will see if they bring back some fish this time.

I took Caleb to the park Friday and we enjoyed visiting with others that were there.  We have all had a bit of a cold and congestion this week but are doing better.

Neal made it back home after a long week of being away from home.  The interviews went well.  We are excited about the prospects.

Sunday we went to church and I didn’t have to help in nursery because there were only three kids in there.  There are four families in the ward who have Chicken Pox, children who are young and have only had the first vaccine for it.  So many in the ward kept their children home or with them in the adults classes.  I enjoyed going to the adult classes.  The young boy I have been asked to help hasn’t been at church.  He is having some health problems and with the Chicken Pox scare he will probably not be at church for awhile.  So I guess I might not ever help him, but I was willing to.

I was able to finish Spencer’s quilt.  He was all excited about having it done.  I think it turned out nice.  I have started to piece together Caleb’s quilt and hope to work on it more today.  I have promised that I will have it done for him by his birthday next month.



The boys beds, I think the quilts look fun. 

Tuesday was a busy day for me.  I took Caleb to the library story time, which he really enjoys.  Then I went to a luncheon for the nursery workers.  I enjoyed visiting with the ladies, without watching children.  I came home to our little play group for Caleb at the house.  It was our turn to have the other boys over.  Neal was playing with them but then I helped out.  The boys weren’t getting a long very well and needed help to share and play nice.  It was a bit tiring.  

Tuesday evening we went to the church for the Young Women’s New Beginnings night.  Andrew had scouts and Spencer and Caleb played at a friends house.  Neal and I were able to be with Ruth for her first Young Women meeting.  She didn’t want to sit with us though, she sat with her friends.  It was neat to listen to the young women introducing the new girls who will be 12 this year and talking about the theme for the year and the program.  Ruth is very excited about turning 12 and starting on a new adventure.

Wednesday the boys didn’t have school.  Ruth did though.  I went to the elementary school for parent teacher conferences.  They are doing well in school.  I am glad that this school does the conferences, I enjoy going in and seeing the class room and visiting with the teachers.  I got home from the parent conference and called my parents.  I had a nice visit with them. I stopped the call because I had to go get Ruth from school.  As soon as I hung up and looked at the clock it hit me, today is early out Wednesday.  I totally forgot!  I got over to the school and found her in the office.  She cried when she saw me.  The schools phone system wasn’t working.  They had tried calling my cell phone but the schools phones would cut out.  Then an office person let Ruth try her personal cell phone to call.  Ruth called our home phone number, but I was on the phone, so she left a voice message.  I wish she would have tried my cell phone with the ladies cell phone.  I felt so bad.  She waited 20 minutes for me outside and then had walked back to the school and waited for about an hour in the office.  I am glad that it all worked out.  I was just mixed up on the schedule with the boys being home.  There isn’t school until Tuesday now.  The kids are enjoying their break.  I have a parent teacher conference for Ruth this afternoon. The boys had fun playing outside all day yesterday.  I am glad that they can have fun with the neighborhood kids.

Things get busy around here.  Last night I went to a Relief Society activity and enjoyed being there with the other women.  It is a bright sunny day today.  I think I will take a walk and enjoy the good weather.

1 comment:

  1. Good job getting your project done! It is fun that all the boys will have a quilt.

    ReplyDelete