Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Snow!

The weather keeps going back and forth on us.  We have had days that are sunny and warm, up to about 60 degrees.  Then we have days that are snowy and cold. Maybe that is why Spencer, Caleb and I have colds this week.  We aren’t too sick, but aren’t 100% well either.  

Last Wednesday evening we went to the Red Leaf ward pinewood derby race.  The boys were so excited about their cars.  Andrew had a lot of fun making his car.  He designed it, cut it, painted it and helped Neal with the wheels being put on.  They had it finished a few weeks ago, he did most of it over Christmas break.  Andrew had fun putting a Lego man with a steering wheel in the middle of the car.  It was brightly colored too.  It ran well and won some of the heats he was in.  It was a fun evening.  I tried taking some pictures of the kids with their friends but they didn’t want to pose.  Ruth’s friends were even avoiding me at one point, so I guess I need to be happy with the few candid shots I did get.



the boys gathered around the cars


watching the race




Andrew with his car

Neal took the camera and took a picture of me watching the racing

Thursday Caleb and I enjoyed going to McDonalds.  He sure is excited when he works hard to get his chores done and earn a big reward.  This week he hasn’t been working as hard, I guess it doesn’t always last.  I was able to get a skirt adjusted for Ruth to use.  She wore it Sunday and it looked cute on her.  She also wanted to curl her hair and we rolled it in sponge rollers Saturday evening.  Her hair is so thick and heavy that by the time we got to church at 9:00am most the curls had pulled down too much and it didn’t look as pretty.  


Ruth with her new skirt and curly hair.  Caleb wanted a picture too.


Everyone looked so nice before church, but they were full of silliness and wouldn't smile good.  At least this shot everyones hands are down.

Saturday I went to a Stake Relief Society women’s conference.  I enjoyed being with the sisters in the ward and felt a good spirit in the classes I went to.  I am glad that I was able to attend.

Sunday we woke up to about 5 inches of snow on the ground.  We went to church and the kids were so excited about the snow.  I ended up not helping the little boy because he wasn’t at church, possibly sick.  I was able to go to Relief Society class sunday.  In nursery we had 12 kids, but three parents helping their fussy little ones and we had all 6 nursery workers there.  So for the third hour two of us went to RS, because we didn’t need that many adults in nursery.  I enjoyed going to RS, I have missed attending.

Sunday after church I let the kids go play in the snow.  It was so perfect for packing and so much of it.  They had fun playing in it around the yard.  Andrew was out for almost two hours and built a wall fort in the back yard.  He used all the snow out of the back yard.  He even had Ruth help by shoveling the snow off the balcony so he could use that too.  I realized I didn’t get a picture of the final wall.  Neal went out and helped Andrew lift the balls on top of each other to make it higher.  Monday the weather was nice and the boys and their friends played on the snow wall and with the warm weather most of it melted or was knocked down.  


Ruth made a snow castle out of the pile of snow from clearing the drive way.


Andrew and his snow man


Spencer and Caleb were playing and digging in the pile of snow on the other side of the drive way from Ruth.


Andrew's fort half built.  This is the length of it, then he kept making balls and had Neal lift them up.  Then they packed snow into all the cracks.  I wish I took a picture of the finished wall!

Last night the kids had activities.  Ruth had Activity Days at her leaders home because they were doing cake decorating and thought it would be easier in a home.  She had lots of fun and brought home so pretty cup cakes.  Andrew had scouts at the church.  At the last minute his leader was trying to find a mom to take her place because she was sick.  I said I could go but needed to have my other boys with me.  So all four of us attended the Bear den activity last night.  The other leader talked about emergencies and we did finger printing.  It went well.  I am glad that I was able to help out so they could still do their activity.  In the afternoon Caleb enjoyed a play date with his friends.  We are trying to get the boys together every Tuesday.  Next week will be our turn to host.  He enjoys having friends to play with.

Yesterday Neal had an interview in Albuquerque.  He is flying home now.  We missed having him here for a couple of days.  I look forward to a report of his day long interview.  Friday he has another interview for a company in Houston, so he will be gone again tomorrow.  I am glad we get to see him today.

This morning we woke up to more snow.  It has stopped snowing now, we got about two inches.  I am sure it will melt quickly.  I noticed the forecast for Saturday says a high of 70 degrees.  I know the “groundhog” said six more weeks of winter.  I had a friend on facebook say  “if the next six weeks are like the last six weeks then no problem!”  This winter hasn’t been too bad.  I like the warm days between the cold ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment