Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Another Week

We have been enjoying some nice weather.  In fact this morning Ruth said to me that she wished it would snow more.  I enjoy the sun shine.  It is nice I can still get out for walks, even in December.

Last Wednesday Ruth had her first band concert.  I thought the group did pretty good for a beginning band.  Ruth was a bit nervous but she is doing well with the clarinet.  I was also able to meet some of Ruth's friends and their parents.

The band, this is a part when the instrument sections were standing up to play, Ruth is right in the middle of the picture.

Caleb has been talking all week that when he is 30 he is going to make movies.  Then he said "that is in 26 years, so I have time to learn how."  He enjoyed playing at his friend Justin's home on Thursday and I was able to get some Christmas shopping done.  

This morning Andrew told me he likes shooting basketball during recess and he has been counting his baskets this week and so far he has made 110.  He is enjoying playing outside a lot this week too.  Our neighbor has a basketball standard out front and the kids were playing with that yesterday.  Andrew is one of the better shots.  

Saturday Spencer lost a tooth.  This is good, it was the tooth in the top front opposite side of his broken tooth he had come out.  So this means that his broken tooth spot will probably be getting the permanent tooth in soon too.  When he lost it he asked me "mom, what do you with the tooth after you take it and leave money?"  That surprised me that he figured that out.  I told him it was me and I just threw it away.  He was okay with that.  Then he said "you are Santa too, aren't you?"  We had a good discussion about Santa being a symbol of kindness at Christmas time.  I asked him to not talk about it too much so that Caleb can still have fun with the tooth fairy and Santa.  Ruth and Andrew figured things out last year and were okay with it.  Then in the evening Spencer reminded me that he had put his tooth under his pillow.  I guess he still believes in the tooth fairy.  He was excited about the coins  he found in the morning.


Spencer said "don't you like taking pictures of us when we loose teeth?"  He was happy it finally came out, with a little help from me pulling on it. :)

Caleb always wants his picture taken when the camera is out.

Saturday we enjoyed some fun Christmas activities.  In the morning we went to the realtor office where our property manager works for a "meet Santa" time.  The kids got a picture with him and ate lots of yummy treats.  Then we went to the library for a craft time to make ornaments.  They enjoyed some creative time.  In the evening was our ward Christmas dinner.  There was good food and friendly people there.  It was a good day.


The kids were a little nervous with Santa, no one wanted to be too close.



Enjoying their craft time at the library.




Sunday we enjoyed watching the church Christmas devotional on the computer at home.  It was another good reminder of what this season really means.  I am thankful for my Savior and that we can celebrate him this time of year.

Monday morning Andrew and Spencer had district assessments and only had to be at school for two hours.  While they were gone Caleb got sick to his stomach.  Then within five minutes of the boys coming home Spencer lost his breakfast too.  The boys were sad they were sick and spent the day resting.  Spencer stayed home from school yesterday too.  They are all doing well today!  It is hard to have this stomach virus stuff again.  

Neal has been busy working at a temp job.  He also had a phone interview last Friday for a job in Utah.  We keep praying that the right job will come up and he can get a good offer.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in Utah for Christmas.  The kids are counting down the days until we leave.  I am working hard at getting all our gifts ready to bring.  I also had fun making a cloth snow man this week.  Just a fun little craft to do this holiday time.


We love you all, thanks for your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment