Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Candy Time

We have had another busy week.  Last Wednesday evening we went to the church for Ruth’s talent night with Activity Days.  The girls did a great job.  They had some fun skits, musical numbers and dancing.  At the end they did a number together and I counted 12 girls on stage.  I think it is great that Ruth gets this opportunity to be with a big group of girls.  In Texas she usually had 2 to 4 girls coming to Activity Days.  She is making some great friends here.

On Thursday the city paper came out and Ruth had her picture on the front page from the Chemistry activity she went to the week before.  It was fun to see a copy and then I found it on their website and copied a digital picture too.  Thursday evening we had the sister missionaries over to eat dinner with us.  They are sweet girls and we had a nice visit with them.



The kids enjoyed the Chemistry activity so much that for our Friday night activity time they choose to do experiments over doing our normal movie night.  They had been given bags with little things they could do at home.  We did some of the activities together and it was a nice evening. 

Saturday morning Neal got the three older kids up and going early and took them fishing.  They tried out a couple of ponds that are close by.  They didn’t catch anything but they enjoyed going.  It was nice they could enjoy the beautiful day.  The weather has been so nice this week.

Saturday evening we had our Ward Halloween party.  We had a good dinner with chili and cinnamon rolls.  I brought rolls.  (It was a pot luck type thing.)  The food was good, the games were fun and then we did a truck-o-treat.  The kids loved walking around the parking lot getting candy.  There are a lot of kids in this ward and it was a big event.  The kids came home with so much candy, especially Andrew who went around the parking lot more than once.  I told the kids I thought a gallon sized bag was enough to fit their candy in.  Andrew had the hardest time because he had so much candy.  So I told them they could go through it and take out what they didn’t like and donate to the trick-o-treating for Friday.  That worked well.  I don’t know what we will do after Halloween, I guess they will need a new bag.



Spencer in his cape he has worn for three years now, he is pointing out he has false teeth in


Caleb in his cute lion pose


Andrew excited to fill up his candy bag


Ruth in her Hawaiian atire 


Sunday I had my first week of being in Nursery the entire time.  It wore me out.  I was so tired when I came home.  We had 18 little ones in nursery this week.  I think I know 3 of their names.  Not only do I need to learn the kids names but I need to learn what family they belong to.  I am so new to the ward I don’t know most of these families.  It is hard to figure it all out.  Thankfully I am not alone in there, we had four other ladies in nursery with me.  Today I was at the park with friends and one of the nursery kids was there and it made me feel good that she talked to me a little.  I think she remembered me from Sunday.

Monday morning Caleb and I went with some friends to the Denver Natural History museum.  Once in a while the museum does free days.  Monday was a free day.  So we went down town and visited the museum.  It was huge.  We only saw a small part of it, with four year olds.  Meaning that I didn’t really get to look at things, I just stayed up with Caleb and his attention span.  It was a nice morning.  

Caleb playing at the museum. I realized I didn't get out my camera again, so this is the only shot I got.

Caleb has been wanting to read scriptures with me.  After I get the kids all off to school in the morning I sit down to read.  He comes in and sits on my lap and asks me to read out loud.  At first I thought he would get bored and run off after a minute, but he doesn’t.  And this morning he came and asked if I was going to read and that he wanted to do it with me.  I think it is special he wants to do this.  I even give him a turn to read and he is starting to read many of the easy words.  His latest thing is learning to tell time.  He likes to look at the digital clocks and tell me the time.  He will ask me what time we are doing something and he will pay attention to the clock to know when it is time.  He is also learning about face clocks too and can understand them some.  He is a fun kid.

Neal had a job interview yesterday for a job in Boulder.  We will see what happens with that.  He is working some temp jobs.  He stays busy.  I realized the other day that I had prayed and hoped that our moving to Colorado would help our family have more time together and help Neal be more involved with the kids.  It has done that.  Now we just need to get the income part flowing again.  Neal has helped the kids with their home work and has taken them places, like last night Andrew had Pack Meeting with scouts.  It has been good for him and for the kids.  I am also thankful that everyone has been so healthy and we haven’t had to go to a doctor.  We haven’t had insurance for awhile now (the SNC job gave us insurance after three months, but it only lasted about three weeks before he lost that job).  I am thankful the kids are healthy and accident free.  I hope that lasts.  I feel blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment