Wednesday, November 5, 2014

An Active Family

It is already November.  The kids are getting excited about Christmas coming.  The other day they were discussing where we should put the tree up in this house.  I am sure it will sneak up on me.  They had lots of fun with Halloween last Friday.  The kids loved being able to wear their costumes to school.  They couldn’t do that in our schools in Texas.  In the afternoon Caleb and I went over to the elementary school to watch their Halloween costume parade.  It was fun to see the kids all happy and excited.  

Spencer at the school parade


Andrew in the parade, he is the tiger

After school we carved our pumpkins.  They had fun designing the faces and I helped with the actual knife part.  Every one was excited as they ate dinner and then got into costumes to go trick-or-treating.  The weather was really nice for it too.  Neal stayed home to pass out candy and I took the kids around the block.  They got lots of yummy treats.  









Caleb didn't want to wear the lion this time, so he did the dragon, it fit him cute.


Spencer got some black fake teeth with a school treat and I thought they looked awful, but he thought they were cool.








Saturday we got up early so we could get over to the church by 8:00 to help clean.  It was our families turn to help with that.  It went well then we came home and cleaned our own home.  I also cut up and cooked our pumpkins.  I got 20 cups of pumpkin puree out of our jack-o-lanterns.  We have already enjoyed some yummy foods with it.  



Saturday afternoon I took Andrew on an outing.  He is such a good worker and so diligent in completing all his chores every day.  He likes to do bigger things for rewards, so for the month of good work we went bowling.  It was fun to do it with him. He was so enthusiastic about throwing the ball down the lane.  I did pretty good too.  After bowling we went and got ice cream as a reward for his piano practice.  He is so good about practicing every day and it is nice to reward him for his efforts.  When we got home Neal took the three older kids for a bike ride.  They enjoyed the nice bike trails and being outside.  While they were gone Caleb wanted to type on the computer.  He started doing numbers and got up to 250.  On Sunday he also counted by 2’s up to 100.  He is having fun with numbers this week.

On Sunday during our testimony meeting at church Ruth got up.  It surprised me at first because she had been sitting by me doing a maze and I didn’t think she was really listening to church.  Then she got up and bore her testimony about how life is like a maze.  Sometimes we hit dead ends and we have to back up and start over, but if we are diligent and keep working at it we will make it to our goal to be back with Heavenly Father again.  She had some great thoughts and received many compliments afterwards for her wisdom.  In nursery the other ladies were surprised when I said she was 11 years old.  They thought her thoughts came from an older more mature child.  Nursery went okay this week.  I am still getting use to it.  I do feel rather isolated only being with a few women and lots of kids.  It will be hard to get to know others in the ward.

Monday morning Caleb had lots of fun with his friend coming over to play.  They had fun playing with trains all morning.  I am glad that the kids can have friends.  

Monday morning Neal left to drive to our home in Hewitt.  We had a notice from the city that our trees needed attention and there were other maintenance and repairs that needed to be done.  It is also good to check up on the house since we hadn’t seen it since July.  I have talked to him on the phone and things are going along okay.  He said the house was okay and he is busy doing work there.  He will be there all week.  I wish I could have gone with so I could see the place and all my friends.  

Missing Texas has been hard on me this week.  I miss our garden.  I am glad that spinach is cheep in the store right now so I can enjoy fresh spinach every day.  Our fall gardens always gave us so much good spinach.  Caleb said to me today that he wishes we were still in Texas because he is tired of stairs!  I had to laugh at that since he was so excited to have stairs in his house here.  The kids also talk about missing our yard and having a place to play outside.  I guess we will just keep doing the best we can here.

I do appreciate all the kindness people show me.  Everyone is so kind in their notes to me or when I see people I know here.  I know things will work out, I just need to be patient.  I am trying hard to enjoy each day and moment and not stress too much about the unknown future.


No comments:

Post a Comment