Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Another Year

We have been enjoying some nice fall weather.  I am enjoying seeing the colors of the leaves and feeling the cooler air in the morning.  I have enjoyed going for walks. Many mornings I have been going by myself.  Caleb has decided it is nice to just stay at home and play, since Neal is here.  I enjoy listening to my MP3 player while I walk, I have the conference sessions from the last couple of years on it, so I listen to talks while I am walking.  It gives me good things to focus on while I have time to think. 

Caleb has fun playing with his friends.  We met friends at the park again last week for lunch and play time.  The older kids have their friends too they enjoy being with. Andrew went to a friends home after school on Wednesday and they had fun playing board games.  Ruth was at a friends home too and I think they had fun giggling.  They both enjoyed going to their church activities that evening.

The boys have been going around with the neighborhood boys raking leaves.  They are gathering them all into the neighbors yard so they can have a pile to jump in.  One day a man came out of his house and gave the boys each a dollar for raking his leaves.

Friday was my birthday.  The kids were so excited for it.  Caleb had been counting the days down for me.  Then he was telling everyone we saw that day it was my birthday and how old I was, even the clerk at the grocery store.  The kids made little cards for me.  Ruth gave me a butterfly magnet that she had bought from the school rewards store. (They get coupons for good behavior that they can use to buy things in the store.) I thought it was sweet they all wanted to do things for me. 

That evening Neal took me on a date.  We had a babysitter and the kids enjoyed their evening with her.  We drove to Louisville, just north west of here.  We parked on the main street and walked around.  We found a little flower shop that was selling beautiful bouquets, Neal bought me some flowers.  They we found a city history museum that was open.  We went in and learned some about the mining in the area.  Then we walked around and found a nice little restaurant to eat at.  We enjoyed a nice dinner in a quiet corner booth.  And I had a large glass of huckleberry lemonade. It was nice to talk and enjoy doing something fun and not worry about everything else right now.




We got home in time to do candles on a cake for me.  The kids were happy they could eat some cake before bed.  It was a nice day.





Saturday and Sunday we spent at home watching conference.  It was so good to hear from our church leaders.  I am thankful we could watch from our home and enjoy a peaceful week end.  Sunday morning Neal made us a nice breakfast and that was nice not to do it myself.  


Last night Ruth did our home evening lesson.  She had taken time to prepare a nice lesson on the gifts of the spirit.  We have been having some nice scripture times with the kids too.  I like the discussions we have.  The kids are learning a lot.  I am thankful for the gospel in my life that gives me direction and purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment