Monday, September 22, 2014

The Path of Life

I think Friday is a hard day to write my letter.  I thought I could do it Sunday, but everyone else wanted to use the computer.   I figure my computer time needs to be on a week day, since the others are gone during the day.  So here I am on Monday.  I will see if this works.  Monday often is a busy day with laundry and getting things going for the week. Today is being a quieter morning.

Saturday the 13th Neal took the older three kids fishing.  They walked to a fishing pond they discovered about 1 1/4 mile from home.  They got an early start and had fun trying out the fishing poles again.  They caught a few small fish this time, but let all them go except the biggest one, caught by Ruth.  Caleb and I had a quiet morning that day.  We walked out to the fishing pond but couldn’t see the family and walked home.  They said they had gone around to the other side and I guess I just missed seeing them.  It was a pretty area.




Saturday the 20th we all went to the Broomfield City Day Parade and activities.  It was fun to go and see a parade.  The bands were good and there were many who where giving out candy.  I had been warned about that so we had bags for the kids to gather things.  I was surprised at how much they brought home.  We had fun walking through the car show and watching some of the dog competition swimming and running.  We were eating our lunch by an area doing activities for kids.  We got involved in a water balloon toss.  I was Spencer’s partner and Ruth and Andrew were together.  It was a fun event.  As we wandered we found another area that had stilts to try.  Everyone enjoyed that.  The last thing we watched was a rocket race car start up the engine.  The fire balls were huge and it was a good thing they were aimed upward.  I thought we had a great day.  We had told the kids we were going to go and not spend any money.  I am glad that we found so much to do that didn’t cost any thing. I just know with a family of six spending money on things adds up too quickly.  Afterwards I took Ruth and Andrew to Cold Stone for ice cream.  They had earned that with their piano lessons.








Besides having two very busy Saturday’s we had fun during the week.  Caleb and I enjoyed walking to parks.  We met friends at the park too.  One morning we did visiting teaching at the park.  Tuesday we went to the library.  Caleb really enjoys the library story time.  

We were able to feed the missionaries this week.  When I signed up to feed them slots were already taken and I ended up feeding both the Elders and Sisters in the same week.  The Elders came on Tuesday.  Then the Sisters came on Friday.  We enjoyed having missionaries come to our home again.  

We have a high window in our family room that I wanted to put curtains on.  There was a rod already in place, but no curtain.  I was able to find a sheer curtain on line that would work.  I did have to trim and re-hem the side window curtains because they are so narrow. I choose a sheer fabric to let light still come in, but not have direct sunlight coming in on our pictures and electronics.  I borrowed a ladder from a ward member and hung the curtains up myself.  It was a bit scary because I don’t like ladders or heights.  But I did it.  It felt good to get it done.



Friday Caleb and I went to Neal’s work for their ice cream Friday.  It was fun to go see Neal at work.  This last week has been stressful for work.  On Tuesday NASA announced who they were going to continue to fund to build space planes/transports.  Neal’s company did not get funding.  They were ramping up and getting ready to work on their Dream Chaser space plane and had hired many new people this summer to be ready to get the work done, when the funding came in the fall.  Neal being one that was hired to work on this program.  Now we are waiting to hear what happens, since they don’t have the funding.  Neal said they are seeking alternate forms of funding, but right now we are in a holding time, wondering if Neal’s job will last.  It has been a bit hard.  We felt so right about coming here and now this.  I guess we will see what this week brings.

Yesterday in Relief Society I was really touched by the teacher inviting the Sun Beam class to come in and sing “I am a Child of God.”  Caleb came in with his class, very reverent, folding his arms.  Then he saw me and smiled so big and said “there is my mommy.”  Then after singing he waved and said “bye mama.”  It was so sweet.  I am so thankful my children are happy and enjoying being here.  That has been such a big blessing to see them so content to be in this new place.  They have all made friends so easily.  We have enjoyed having the neighborhood boys come over to play too.  I guess we will see how long we stay here.  Maybe it is just a step in the direction that Heavenly Father has planned for us.


Neal worked hard to get all the weeds pulled.  I thought these stepping stones were pretty.  I find it interesting that there are rocks around the perimeter of the yard.  The kids have enjoyed playing outside more, now that the yard isn't covered in weeds. 






No comments:

Post a Comment