Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Winter Week


We started out our week with Andrew’s cub scout pack meeting last Wednesday.  He earned his first rank of Bobcat.  I know it didn’t take much, but we did it.  It was fun to have him be recognized for his efforts.  Now I have a new patch to sew onto his shirt.

Thursday morning I had a sister from my ward, come over for help to make a baby blanket.  She is having a baby this week and wanted to make a blanket.  She had the fabric and I helped her make it.  It was nice to help her and visit.  It was a nice way to spend our first cold wintery day.  

The week end got really cold.  We even broke a record for December, we had temperatures below 30 for over 24 hours.  We had rain and ice falling, but no snow.  It was so cold.  Our garden froze and we are trying to stay warm.  Today the sun is out, finally, and it warmed up at 50.  So we will make it through another winter here in Texas.  

Friday Caleb and I had fun going to the museum.  They have their big electric train exhibit up for Christmas.  Caleb loved seeing all the trains.  I plan to take all the kids to see it this Saturday.  Then in the evening we had the missionaries over for dinner.  

Saturday was a busy day.  But the best thing that happened that day was that we sold our red Dodge car!  Finally someone wanted it and paid us money to take it.  He was happy to get a second car for his family.  I am glad that he will get use out of it.  He plans on getting the transmission fixed and I am sure it will give him good service for awhile.  It was a good car for us.  I am thankful it is out of the garage now! 

Saturday afternoon I went over to the school Bazaar.  I looked at all their vendors and then I went to sign in to volunteer.  I had signed up to help out with their treat table.  But, since they had lots of help from the high school service club, so they didn’t need my help.  Since Neal was already at home with the kids and expecting me to be gone for awhile I decided to go shopping.  I am happy to say that I am now done with Christmas shopping and I almost have everything wrapped.  It feels good to have that finished before the critical moments.  Now I need to get some treats made and cards addressed, to send out to friends and family.

Spencer lost a tooth Sunday morning.  He has his hole from the broken tooth and then a tooth, then a space from the lost tooth.  The one in the middle is loose, so he might loose that soon.  We were laughing with him and singing “all I want for Christmas are my three front teeth.”  I hope he gets some teeth in soon.  He says it is hard to bite into a sandwich.

Sunday Caleb was so excited that he got to go into Primary for sharing time.  He will join the older kids in Primary in January.  He is happy to be growing up.  He had lots of fun at preschool this week too.  He is doing so well learning his letters and numbers.  He likes to count out loud and can get up to 29, with no mistakes.  

Tuesday morning I had a nice visit with the GT teachers about Andrew and how he is doing.  He is enjoying school.  He likes to make things and do crafts. Right now he is working on a project to make a marble game for Spencer’s Christmas gift.  

Ruth is doing well in school.  Today they had a dare graduation for the kids who did the program.  She is working on a science project with making a light bulb light up from a piece of fruit.  She loves to read and goes through books quickly, even with keeping up with her school work.

Saturday evening we had fun going to dinner at the home of some friends here from church, they are in the Hewitt ward, so we don’t see them that often.  They invited us over to roast hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire in their fireplace.  It was an exciting evening with all the kids enthusiasm for the evenings activity.   It was nice to visit and catch up with them.

Tuesday evening I enjoyed going to a Relief Society activity.  We did a gift exchange of our favorite things.  I decided to make bread and gave a fresh warm loaf for my gift. Everyone seemed to like what I did and wished they could have some too.  It was a nice evening to visit and remember Christ in the season too.  They had a nice message prepared about Christmas for us.  I am thankful for the focus on Christ.  I enjoyed watching the First Presidency Devotional on Sunday too.  The choir had beautiful music and the messages were wonderful.

I am so thankful for the good things in life.  I am thankful for all of you.


The kids playing in the leaves last Wednesday, before it got cold!




We were getting ready to sit down to dinner and Neal wanted to take a picture, he said it looked too nice not to remember it.


We got ice cycles! 


Spencer still wanted to play outside, even when it was about 30 degrees.


Spencer's missing tooth



Cute kids before we left for church.




Ruth at her school Dare Graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment