Friday, December 15, 2017

It's Christmas Time

The month is passing by so quickly.  We got the tree set up and the decorations out.  I forgot to take pictures of the kids with the tree.  I will do that this week end. On Saturday the 2nd we went to a Festival of Trees down town  and enjoyed seeing all the prettily decorated trees on display.  I also enjoyed listening to a live brass band playing Christmas carols. 


The boys liked the Lego tree


Caleb liked that his shirt matched the tree





We enjoyed a free hot cocoa drink


They had a fun village set up




The first week end of December we had Stake conference.  We had Elder Brent Nielson from the 70 come to our meetings.  He was a great speaker and I enjoyed listening to him.  He works with the missionary department and told us things going on there.  He also talked about the “Light the World” campaign.  We as a family have tried to watch the videos and think of ways to focus outward and think of others more.  This week we made some cookies and took them to a few single women we know. I think they really enjoyed our visits.

The first week of December I was involved with helping with the elementary school book fair.  It was a bit busy and I put in about 10 hours of work. I enjoyed helping though.  We also helped with a multi-stake Nativity event. They had hundreds of Nativity sets displayed in a church building. I brought my set in for display. Neal volunteered to help with the checking in of Nativities. Then on Saturday Neal and I went to pick mine up. We had a busy day and didn’t get there while they were doing musical numbers and people were looking, but we looked around while people were cleaning up.  It was fun to see so many Nativities.  After looking around we stopped by a little cafe and got a dessert and talked. It was a good date night.


This is the little Nativity that Jeanie painted for me about 25 years ago.

That Saturday was a busy day. Neal, Andrew and Spencer went to the train club. They had time to drive trains around layouts and enjoyed a pizza party too.  They did some shopping for boots afterwards. We were surprised that Spencer has outgrown Andrew in shoe size.  He is in a growth spurt right now.  I took Ruth and Caleb to the mall that morning to get a few things for Ruth. 

The evening before we had the missionaries over for dinner.  It was nice to visit with them again.  Then I went to a special meeting at the church.  Elder Renlund from the 12 and Elder Pearson from the 70 came with their wives to visit the women in the stakes here.  We had a nice meeting and I enjoyed all of their talks.  We were able to shake hands with them as we left the building too.  I am glad that I could go to such a special meeting.

This week Andrew had a concert band concert and jazz band concert.  I enjoyed listening to the groups play.  I can tell that Andrew enjoys being a part of it too.  Andrew invited his Sunday school teacher to come and she came to the jazz band concert.  Sister Thomas sat by us and I enjoyed a visit with her between bands playing. She has enjoyed Andrew in her class this year.

Caleb has enjoyed play times with his friend Charlie.  The boys enjoy being together. Caleb lost a tooth this week and likes that he looks like a beaver. 




Charlie and Caleb have fun with the blocks



Caleb loves his Santa hat that I got for the kids this week

Ruth is busy with finals week this week. The high school has semester final exams for all the classes. She is doing well and will finish off the year with good grades.  Last Friday was her last day of early morning seminary for the semester.  Her teachers made a nice breakfast for the class to eat while they reviewed their final exams.  She has enjoyed going to seminary. Spencer has finished his scarf and is working on a hat to match with his knitting. Yesterday was the last day of knitting club but his teacher said he could use the loom over break to finish his hat.  He has fun bike riding with a friend from church and school, Jonathan. 

I enjoyed being in the temple this morning. It was a peaceful time for me.  I have been thinking about my dad a lot this week since today marks two years since he passed away.  I miss talking to him. I have felt a stronger testimony of my Savior this season. I know that he lives and that my dad is still there too and that I will see him again.  I am thankful for my faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for this time of year to reflect on his birth and teachings.  Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment