Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy School Days

The end of the school year is quickly approaching and there are lots of activities going on. Last week at the elementary school the did a “Bike to Denver” activity.  Neal, Andrew and Spencer participated.  They rode their bikes from the school along a route about 8 miles long.  Then each biker got to record their miles and then they added them up.  They rode enough miles together to get to Denver and back plus more.  They enjoyed the activity.  Caleb and I played on the play ground while we waited from them to come back.  We enjoyed some time together too.

Last Friday we went to a PTA Reflections open house reception for the students who had work that went to State PTA judging.  Andrew had one of his pictures that was in that group.  We enjoyed some good refreshments and looking at the art.  Ruth went to a choir practice for a youth choir that will sing in Stake conference this Sunday.  


Saturday we had a family activity of going to the park for a picnic and to fly kites.  It was a bit windy but worked pretty good with the kites.  The kids had lots of fun with it.  We cooked up some hamburgers and enjoyed our lunch too.  It was good to take a break from organizing the house and have some fun together.

Sunday was Mother’s Day.  I enjoyed the little cards and crafts the kids gave me.  Neal was nice and cooked all the meals and with help from the kids did the clean up too.  Ruth helped fixed dinner and made a pumpkin pie with Neal.  It was all so nice.  It was different to not be the one cooking. I am thankful for my family.  I enjoyed talking on the phone to my mom too.

Last night Andrew enjoyed going with his new Webelos den hiking.  He is always happy to be outside to hike or bike around.  He is very active.  We moved into a ward with a large den for Andrew to join. There are 9 boys in the group.  That is nice for him.  Ruth enjoyed going to a Young Women activity last night.  She is enjoying being with a new group of girls too.  Most of them she has met through school.  She is also happy that her friends from the other ward she still sees at school every day.  

Last night we also had the missionaries over for dinner.  I enjoyed visiting with them.  I thought it was great they did some service by working with Neal to carry up the stairs our food storage boxes (ones with #10 cans in them) to put under the beds.  I like having them under the beds because then the kids don’t end up with a mess under their beds.  Now the last big project we have is getting the boxes of books unpacked and organized.  We did set up the TV last Saturday but so far it hasn’t been used.  I think it is good we don’t do much with it.  We got the book shelves where we want them, now I just need to get the books organized on them.

I enjoyed working in the yard last Saturday.  I was trimming up the roses.  I haven’t counted yet but have about 10 rose bushes through out the yard.  They smell so good.  I cut a few to bring inside to enjoy.  It is a pretty time of year.  Not too hot and flowers everywhere.  



The view from my back yard



Last week I found out my cousin Mads will be going to Baylor University to work on a doctorate degree.  He will be going to Waco this summer and starting in August.  I had a nice phone visit with him last week.  He is excited for the opportunity.  I was answering many of his questions about the area and schools and church.  It would have been fun if I was still living there.  I don’t think I have met his wife and now they have been married for a few years and have 5 kids.  I am glad we could talk on the phone.  I hope he can find a good place to live and be there.  He said they really liked the Hewitt area when they were driving around.  They will be back there this week end to look at housing more.  I also understand that his parents are planning on moving out with him.  

I am thankful for family.  I know I say that often but I really mean it.  I am thankful I have connections with good people because we are related.  If anyone wants to come visit us this summer we would love to see you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment