Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas 2015

It has been a few weeks since I wrote.  I thought I would try to write and catch up what has been happening, but I didn’t want to make it a long essay so I wont add too many details this time.

On December 19th the family drove to Utah.  I was so thankful we had good weather the entire drive, pretty amazing for a winter road trip.  We got to my Mom’s home in Orem in good time.  We enjoyed being with her.  On Monday the 21st we had the viewing for my Dad.  It was a special time.  We had so many friends and extended family coming to express their love.  I enjoyed being with my sisters and Mom too.  Tuesday the 22nd was the funeral.  It was a lovely meeting.  I felt so much peace and love.  I was thankful for all the hugs and love shown to us.  My brother and his family flew in Monday night, so it was good to see them Tuesday morning.  Family is amazing.  I am thankful for all the extended family that was able to attend.  Their sacrifice to drive to be with us was appreciated.  It was a cold snowy day.  At the Orem cemetery all was quiet with the snow coming down.  It was peaceful.  When the Army played “Taps” and presented my Mom with a flag I felt overwhelmed with peace and love. I know my Dad lived a wonderful life.  He was such a good example to so many of loving his fellowmen and serving them.  That afternoon we enjoyed singing Christmas songs at the house and visiting.  It was a fun day really.  So nice to be with all the family.







Mom, Rachel and Jeanie 




My brother Doug and his family


My sister Susan and her family


My little family


My sister Jeanie and her family


My sister Mandy and her family




How many can we fit on the couch to sing! 

Wednesday morning a group of us went to BYU and visited the art museum to see an exhibit on Normal Rockwell. I enjoyed it.  Of course everything was reminding me of my Dad.  He loved BYU, he worked there for 32 years.  I grew up with BYU as a big part of my life.  That afternoon the family all gathered again and we made gingerbread houses with the kids.  It was so fun to hear the teen agers singing and enjoying being together.  They had fun in the snow too.




Ruth with a her hair fixed by her cousin.






The girl cousins.  We each got one girl, so they can sympathize about not having a sister. 



Thursday our family went to SLC and spent the day with Hubbard family.  Neal, Ruth, Andrew and Spencer with Dallin and Micah went up to Alta and played in the snow.  They tried skiing, sledding, digging, and playing in all that snow.  I stayed with Caleb where it was warm.  We had a nice dinner together and a nice time visiting all who were there.





Christmas day we woke up to 10 inches of new snow.  It was so pretty.  I was thankful I didn’t need to go anywhere.  I enjoyed visiting with the family that came over.  Everyone was happy to be together.  The kids enjoyed their presents.  I think the adults just enjoyed the closeness of family we had all week.  







We had more visiting time with the Hubbards on Sunday when we went to church with them to see little Emily blessed.  It was good to be together with the Hubbard family in the area. We missed seeing Neal’s parents.  Neal did talk to them on a video chat and phone.  I am thankful they can serve a mission and be a good example to the children. 


Neal took the kids to temple square to see the lights




Ruth wanted to try on my wedding dress.  She was cute about wearing it.  Her cousin decided to try on her mom's dress too.

Monday morning we drove to Arizona to visit Neal’s sister Holly and her family.  We were blessed again with good weather and got there in good time.  We enjoyed our visit with them.  The kids had lots of fun playing outside in the warmer weather.  It was nice to spend a few days with them.




The kids had lots of fun watching the player piano go!

Friday, January 1st we returned home.  We had good weather again!  I think that was a big blessing.  We were all happy to get back home and the kids had fun playing with their new things.  On January 5th the kids went back to school.  Spencer was sick most the week but everyone is doing fine now.  


I am thankful for a new year and the ability to learn from our experiences.  I will remember Christmas 2015 as a special one.  One were we focused on the love of Christ and the love of family.  It was wonderful to gather and celebrate our Dad.  He was an amazing man and I am truly thankful to be his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment