Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Friend Time

This week seemed to pass by me quickly.  I didn’t even take any pictures.  Last Wednesday evening I enjoyed going to a Relief Society activity where we talked about nutrition.  It was a good meeting.  Ruth was my babysitter and had the boys in bed when I came home.  She does a great job and I am so thankful for her help.

The kids continue to have fun with friends and school.  Saturday Andrew went to play with his friend Sean, from his school class.  They enjoyed playing outside in Sean’s back yard.  I laughed when I heard that they were playing with worms, chickens and mice traps.  Then Ruth went to a birthday party for her friend Ashley Saturday evening.  The girls painted their finger nails, did each others hair and did lots of talking.  I thought it was a good show of the differences between boys and girls. 

We enjoyed going to church Sunday.  Sunday afternoon we had a nice long video chat with Neal.  It is good to keep in contact with him. Monday evening I taught a FHE lesson to the kids on testimony and what it means.  We had a great discussion and then we ended by everyone saying a testimony of things they believed.  It was so sweet to hear each of the children.  

Monday afternoon I went to Julie's home for a lunch with the Nursery workers.  They did a lunch to visit with me before I move.  I just have one Sunday left going to nursery.  It has been a good experience for me to be with the young children.  Caleb had so much fun playing with Kenzie that day that we invited her over to play today.  It is cute to hear them playing with blocks and the things they are talking about.  I am glad that Caleb can have friend time today. 

Tuesday I watched Justin during the day while his parents went to the temple.  Caleb had fun playing with his friend.  It was a good day for play.  Andrew and Spencer were invited to go swimming at the city rec center with Logan and his grandma.  The boys had so much fun with it yesterday after school.  

Last week end we had an offer on our home in Texas.  I was so excited about it, just the fact that someone was interested in it.  But they weren’t willing to negotiate and their offer was just too low for us to accept.  So even though it has been on the market for a year, we will just keeping hoping that someone will come along who is willing to pay us a price that we can accept.  Our realtor has told us we have it for a good competitive price right now.  Something will happen, spring is a good time for house selling.  I hope it works.  I am thankful the house is paid for and we are just putting in some each month for some maintenance.  It will all work out.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment