Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Green June

This week has been a nice one.  Last Friday I took the kids to the museum.  They wanted me to take pictures of everything, so they will remember it.  They had some fun.  Saturday we worked at cleaning up the house and packing boxes.  That evening my sister Jeanie and her daughter Tori came to visit.  It was fun to have them here.


Spencer wanted me to take pictures of all the animals in the animal room at the museum


the boys had lots of fun at the water table

Ruth enjoyed grinding corn


Sunday I enjoyed going to church with Jeanie.  In the afternoon we were visiting and Jeanie said she would play a game or do a puzzle with the kids.  Andrew got excited and got out the America puzzle we have, 1000 piece.  When we opened the box there were some sections that were still put together from last time that gave us a good start.  They worked on it that afternoon, Monday and Tuesday morning Andrew put in the last pieces.  It is easier than some 1000 piece puzzles because of the writing and pictures on it help to know what direction the pieces go.  It was a fun activity to do while we visited.

working on the puzzle

Monday we took Jeanie and Tori to the Dr. Pepper Museum.  It was interesting to see.  Then we went over to the suspension bridge to show some of the area history.  We went out to lunch and then went to the Mayborn museum.  The kids had fun showing Jeanie their favorite things there.  It was a busy day.


at the Dr. Pepper Museum, figuring out how the machine worked


looking at the old time general store area of the museum



this was the Dr. Pepper horse, made from bottle caps and cans cut to make the hair


Caleb was excited to see a picture of a Dalmatian in the movie exhibit at the museum


playing on the steers at the bridge



at the suspension bridge



looking at the mammoth bones in the Mayborn

Ruth is getting too big for her favorite toys at the museum

Tuesday morning we took it slow and then said good bye to Jeanie and Tori.  I am glad that they could come.  It was nice to have visitors.  Now we need to get back into the reality that we are moving soon.  We have a move date set now.  It will be on July 14th.  There is a lot to get done by then.  I hope I can make it and have everything ready in time.

Tuesday afternoon the boys had fun going to the Baker’s home to play.  It was nice to have a little break from them.  Today Andrew is playing with a friend from school.  This morning I took the kids to the library for a story teller time.  She told the story of the three little pigs, Texas style.  She had some fun puppets and we enjoyed her story.

We have had a lot of rain this week.  It just keeps coming too.  Because of the cooler temps and the rain our garden has been doing very well.  Yesterday I picked over 30 tomatoes and about 20 cucumbers.  I don’t know what to do with them.  The tomatoes are the best I have ever grown here.  They are so pretty and round.  Most don’t even have any bird marks on them.  Usually we have a hard time keeping the birds out of the garden.  The cucumbers taste so good too.  Since we are moving I can’t preserve them in any way.  I hope to be able to give some away at scouts tonight.


Andrew with the completed puzzle




I am enjoying my morning walks.  Because of the rain everything is so pretty and green.  I also enjoy the birds singing.  I am thankful for this beautiful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment